Author Topic: SODE Error **SOLVED**  (Read 3684 times)

UcShrek

SODE Error **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:52:37 pm »
What is SODE? I don't even know how I got this, might have come with some of the sceneries I have bought but I am not sure which one.

I just got this error message after trying to reinstall GSX recent version:

"Found SODE version 1.4.2, which is outdated, please uninstall it first, then run this installer again, which will install the current version."

Any solutions?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:02:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Error
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:55:25 pm »
Just do what the message says: uninstall the existing version of SODE, the restart the GSX installer, which will install the latest one.

UcShrek

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:57:05 am »
Just do what the message says: uninstall the existing version of SODE, the restart the GSX installer, which will install the latest one.

I guess maybe I did not explain my self, about the re-installation, that has been done already but, my questions id about this app, how did I get it in the 1st place and what is this for? Also another question:

Everytime I do replays in FSX for the FSDT sceneries, they are all gone!, They work just fine in simulation, but if I want to record a landing and start a replay then the airport goes dead, like if its just nothing there, barely the ground where the airport should be installed, any ideas as to why? Also How can I fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 01:55:52 am »
I guess maybe I did not explain my self, about the re-installation, that has been done already but, my questions id about this app, how did I get it in the 1st place and what is this for?

As I've said, you must  do only what the message says: uninstall the previous version and then proceed with installing GSX, which will install it automatically. No need for you to search around. The newer version is INCLUDED with the GSX, which cannot proceed, until you uninstall the old version first.

Everytime I do replays in FSX for the FSDT sceneries, they are all gone!, They work just fine in simulation, but if I want to record a landing and start a replay then the airport goes dead, like if its just nothing there, barely the ground where the airport should be installed, any ideas as to why? Also How can I fix this?

This is a well known limitation of the FSX video recorder, and there's just nothing we can do about it: it doesn't record objects created programmatically, and this doesn't affect just FSDT sceneries, but every scenery that use Simobjects, and there are quite a few around now.

The only solution is to use other ways to record.

JesterGoose

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:51:44 am »
Hi Umberto,

I too got the unistall SODE message when I tried to install the latest GSX version (prepar3D v4, the problem is I can't find the SODE uninstaller anywhere, or the SODe location. Do you uninstall via the windows uninstall in Control Panel or does SODE have it own uninstaller.

Thanks

Steve s

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 03:06:55 am »
Do you uninstall via the windows uninstall in Control Panel or does SODE have it own uninstaller.

With the Windows Control Panel, which will start the SODE own uninstaller...the Windows Control Panel it's just a list of each products uninstallers, in a single place.

You find SODE listed under Simobjects Display Engine.

JesterGoose

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 04:15:27 am »
Found it! Thanks very much for your help(as always)

steve