Author Topic: Update Problem !  (Read 2116 times)

hjmx

Update Problem !
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:08:10 pm »
When I installed KIAD I got a error message during python install/update ... "some files could not be downloaded/installed"
In P3D I get error that couatl could not start because of missing files ...
fresh download of addon manager
When I install addonmanager I got a error message during python install/update ... "some files could not be downloaded/installed"

What a mess.  Not to mention the time it needs because of ridiculous slow downloads ...

Harry

hjmx

Re: Update Problem !
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »
After the third run of standalone addon manager it seems to work. Costs me over all more than one hour.

I am sure that I will not continue buying products which rely on couatl engine as long as those "additional files" are provided with download speeds which were common twenty years ago ...

Harry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update Problem !
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »
Your problem didn't had anything to do with Couatl or the Addon Manager or the installer.

Your problem was caused ONLY by too many people downloading the updates, which caused by the slow downloads and possibly the missing files alert (files were not missing, it was just a server timeout), which are now probably too much to handle, even for our TWO server mirrors.

We are already working on this, of course, and the next update will download from Amazon S3 Web services so, basically, it will be impossible to bring it down, even on a new release, and the speed will by MUCH better.