Author Topic: Error message in FSX Steam  (Read 6264 times)

seaking

Error message in FSX Steam
« on: July 31, 2016, 05:18:45 pm »
After reinstall of FSX Steam have reinstalled Vancouver but no scenery entry for item. Addon manager shows error message "Vancouver is active but not installed in the scenery library" . HELP!!!
I also tried the same with Zurich with the same result!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message in FSX Steam
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:06:02 pm »
You probably have your registry keys wrong. Most likely because you installed FSX:SE and then removed FSX, which shouldn't be done.

First, be absolutely sure you use the CURRENT version of these sceneries installers, which are able to deal with more unusual registry problems, and reinstall the sceneries using the current version of the installers.

seaking

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 02:49:02 pm »
I have used the latest versions of installer. It was a complete reinstall from Steam and all worked in previous Steam install. How do I check my reg key?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:22:48 pm »
It was a complete reinstall from Steam and all worked in previous Steam install

That doesn't say much about your registry keys being correct or not. It depends if you HAD FSX (original version) when you ORIGINALLY installed FSX:SE

How do I check my reg key?

With the REGEDIT utility included with Windows. See here for some explanation how they are supposed to be:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13924.msg103219.html#msg103219

Especially here, which most users seem to miss:

Do you have ONLY FSX:SE installed ? If yes, you should point the FSX (yes, FSX) registry key to the FSX:SE folder

I'll repeat it again, for clarification, because it might be counter-intuitive:

- If you have ONLY FSX:SE installed, the CORRECT (normal) situation should be as follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\10.0\AppPath (which is the FSX registry key ) pointing to the FSX folder under Steam

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\10.0 (which is the FSX:SE registry key ) not existing!!.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition\Co-Existence set to 0

Note that, with "not existing", I mean ONLY the "10.0" sub-folder with the "AppPath" value inside, not the whole key! If you have this "10.0" sub-folder, remove it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:45:37 am by virtuali »