Author Topic: GSX Wrong Directory  (Read 7551 times)

DANTH3MAN123

GSX Wrong Directory
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:15:37 pm »
Hey,

I bought GSX today and was excited to try it but when im in the installer whenever I hover over steam edition it says the right directory but when I click on it it says the disk directory. I saw a post about this about when u used the uninstaller it shud remove the registry keys but,  me being stupid before i read this i just deleted it to the bin. Pls help.

:( :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:30:03 pm by DANTH3MAN123 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Wrong Directory
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 09:04:51 am »
The problem happens because you probably still have the FSX keys in the registry pointing to a folder that doesn't exists anymore because you removed FSX after installing FSX Steam.

Try to edit the registry with REGEDIT, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and remove the whole key.

DANTH3MAN123

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
@virtuali last night no one was replying so i gave up on the forums repaired and uninstalled but i have encountered a new problem it says the directory when i hover but now when i click it it doesnt say a directory it says it will be installed in- then nothing    :-\ :-\ :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »
@virtuali last night no one was replying

Yes, sometimes it happens, at night...

so i gave up on the forums repaired and uninstalled but i have encountered a new problem it says the directory when i hover but now when i click it it doesnt say a directory it says it will be installed in- then nothing

See my previous reply. You should have simply removed the old FSX registry key pointing to a non-existent folder, and that's it.

If you don't know how to do it, try this utility:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18872/fsx-tweakfs-registry-utility-v121/

And be sure your registry keys points to the correct folder.

DANTH3MAN123

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »
I changed them still not working!    :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ and also when i said last night i meant like six-eight

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 02:20:17 pm »
I changed them still not working!

Then you changed them wrong. Do you have ONLY FSX:SE installed ? If yes, you should point the FSX (yes, FSX) registry key to the FSX:SE installation folder.

DANTH3MAN123

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »
i have still not working

DANTH3MAN123

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
tho the one in user on regedit and the tool u sent it says it doesnt exist

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:05 pm »
tho the one in user on regedit and the tool u sent it says it doesnt exist

I don't understand you, please write in a more clear way.

I never used that tool, I guess it's supposed to create a registry key that is was removed so, if it say "doesn't exists" ( not clear from what you wrote if it's referring to the key or the sim folder ), then you should browse the folder to create the key.

killerhsv

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 11:16:24 am »
i had the same problem, i used that application you need to go to set path and set it in the location you have your steam version installed and set it there and it will work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 01:24:10 pm »
Please re-read my previous reply:

Do you have ONLY FSX:SE installed ? If yes, you should point the FSX (yes, FSX) registry key to the FSX:SE folder