Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122783 times)

ipg1939

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »
Yea, Thanks for working on the issue. All 3 of us that still use FSX will appreciate it when or if it gets fixed.

Yorik

Wise87

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 03:55:41 am »
Wonder if there was any progress on tonight's teamviewer session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2016, 02:48:57 pm »
I've got a message from the affected user, who said there wasn't any need to connect, since he fixed the problem.

So, of course, I guess it wasn't anything related to our software ( like it wasn't with the other user... ). I asked what it was, but haven't got a reply yet.

Note that, he had the G2D.DLL crash.

AirbusA330

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:42 pm »
Ok, thank you - hope he will tell you what the problem was, and it could help the others, too. If not, I will try to find a scenario with replicable crashes on my system - maybe you could investigate that one. But I won't be able to do that during the next five days because of a major exam at university this week.

Wise87

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 04:23:54 pm »
That's the thing with the g2d.dll error for me. Over the last two days I've only experienced it once now but I've been to KMEM a dozen times now. When it first came out I would get the crash every time. I have not made any changes to my system. I really hope someone who is still getting the problem gets with FSDT so they can troubleshoot the problem.

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »
I also get g3d.dll crashes about every second time I load KMEM. I get the crashes mainly at daytime - didn't experience one at night yet. Texture resolution is at 1024x1024
The CTDs occur only when KMEM is loaded into the sim. No difference between starting a flight at KMEM or switching from another airport to KMEM. When KMEM got loaded successful with no CTD, I can maneuver around the airport without any problem. So either it crashes directly when KMEM is loaded or it does not crash at all. Standard aircraft were used for testing.
FSX with SP2

The error you're reporting (g3d.dll) is different than the "g2d.dll" error reported by other users.

The "g3d.dll" error can often be resolved by running the Registered version of FSUIPC which includes a fix for this.  If you're already running the Registered version of FSUIPC then it's got to be something else causing it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Best wishes.

Wise87

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
I sure hope someone else gets with Umberto on this issue. I would really like to know what is or was causing the conflict. Again with my schedule all this week and my g2d.dll error rate decreasing I don't make a good candidate compared to someone who is available and still gets the error every time.

stesma54

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2016, 06:54:47 pm »
Yesterday I volunteered for a session because i get g2d.dll error and I'm home sick so plenty of time...

Gilltech

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »
Umberto, I am wondering if this problem has something to do with Ultimate Traffic 2 injecting AI aircraft (possibly made for FS9) into the airport parking spaces. The reason I ask is that I added a FDX airline schedule into UT2 and assigned some FDX repaints to downloaded AI aircraft and noticed that UT2 starting injecting FDX paints into the parking spots at the passenger terminals (not just at the Cargo ramps).

I too am getting the g2d.dll crash error and I started getting them after playing around with trying to get FDX AI at the airport. But I also got a crash that indicated ASEdata.dll was the issue and I am nowhere near any Aerosoft product. So perhaps the G2d.dll is the just the first thing windows grabs when trying to document the crash even though perhaps it is possible that g2d.dll (or ASEdata.dll) have nothing to do with it?

I have stopped UT2 from running the FDX AI and have yet to produce another crash.

I also run FSX with SP2 only. I am about ready to go to Steam as soon as I can figure out the best procedure for doing it and just how much has to be uninstalled before proceeding.

Mark

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:49 am »
I also run FSX with SP2 only. I am about ready to go to Steam as soon as I can figure out the best procedure for doing it and just how much has to be uninstalled before proceeding.

Mark

Mark, just curious since you run FSX SP2, do you get the taxiway lines in the sky also or is your airport displaying ok?

A few of us SP2 guys in another thread have been getting the taxiway lines displayed vertically in the sky near the FedEx ramp when the airport loads. If your not getting them I'd be interested to know what your settings are to avoid it.

AirbusA330

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2016, 12:40:06 am »
I also get g3d.dll crashes about every second time I load KMEM. I get the crashes mainly at daytime - didn't experience one at night yet. Texture resolution is at 1024x1024
The CTDs occur only when KMEM is loaded into the sim. No difference between starting a flight at KMEM or switching from another airport to KMEM. When KMEM got loaded successful with no CTD, I can maneuver around the airport without any problem. So either it crashes directly when KMEM is loaded or it does not crash at all. Standard aircraft were used for testing.
FSX with SP2

The error you're reporting (g3d.dll) is different than the "g2d.dll" error reported by other users.

The "g3d.dll" error can often be resolved by running the Registered version of FSUIPC which includes a fix for this.  If you're already running the Registered version of FSUIPC then it's got to be something else causing it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Best wishes.

Yes, sorry for that - I mean the g2d.dll - I mixed them up somehow. It did a check today, and it's always the g2d.dll, never the g3d.dll.

Wise87

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2016, 01:20:26 am »
AirbusA330, do you plan I having a teamviewer session with Umberto?

Gilltech

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2016, 01:41:52 am »
Yes, I am getting the taxi lines and floating objects too (taxi and runway signs). Been watching the discussion on that and hoping something in the way of a fix would come along. On my system, the lines disappear once you get close and the signage returns to earth as well. All reappear once I put some distance between them.  I can see those taxi way lines in the sky on a 10 mile final to RWY 36.

Mark

Wise87

KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2016, 01:45:11 am »
No taxi line issues here. Just the occasional G2D.dll but I haven't experienced it int 2 days now. I am also running ultimate traffic 2.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2016, 04:45:50 am »
Still doing it for me every time. Whether I fly in there or load directly, crashes almost immediately.
John Bauer