Author Topic: Love the KMEM preview video  (Read 11624 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Love the KMEM preview video
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 08:22:26 am »
I wonder if they will release this weekend? Looks just about done.

We are still in heavy in development and testing. There's no firm release date yet.

MNAOUARE787

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 12:10:27 pm »
hello alberto
gsx update realse same day  KMEN or we can use update before
thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »
I'm thinking those might be SODE jetways, so the GSX update would be not later than release. ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 11:20:39 pm »
We used MyTraffic for the screenshot. There are not static AI in the scenery, except for the C5 Galaxy, which can be toggled on/off with the YouControl menu.

Love the scenery previews. Looks like KMEM is going to be another great one. Very excited about the updates to GSX as well.

I do think though that if you guys are still developing you should put some Fedex static airplanes on the apron. Just to make it seem active like in real life! AI traffic only does so much. I remember people had been asking a while back for AI traffic GSX. That never seemed very plausible, so, especially for a cargo super-hub like Memphis, it would be a great immersion benefit if there were a few static fedex planes with their cargo doors open and some static loaders and trucks around them. No need for them to move at all, but would be a really nice addition, and I think others would agree. Especially if there is an option to toggle them on/off like with the C5 as you say. Just an idea! Keep up the great work.  :)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

WGeorge

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 08:16:43 am »
I've already bought my copy of Memphis, Just waiting to send the money :D

skimmer

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 01:03:28 am »
MEM is a great choice for an airport. The previews show that once again fsdt has created the best.Even the roads look much more real.I'm looking forward to it's release.

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 04:54:57 am »
Umberto, I know it's ridiculous to ask for an expected release date. I have seen the vids of KMEM and you have done a superb job of modeling that airport. No more mountain showing on the tarmac when its raining  ;D

I do want to ask tho, have you guys decided on a price yet (similar to KORD, KJFK) or is that still to be determined? My only other request is hurry up will ya, my cc is getting lonely  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 10:20:47 am »
I do want to ask tho, have you guys decided on a price yet (similar to KORD, KJFK) or is that still to be determined? My only other request is hurry up will ya, my cc is getting lonely  :)

If we had to factor in the development time (almost 2 years), it should probably cost twice as much as JFK but, of course, the market won't accept it so, since many entirely new technologies we developed for it (which hasn't been yet disclosed in the videos released so far...), will be used for many products in the following years, we can probably consider the time spent as an investment, so we'll price the scenery like any other FSDT scenery.

ywg256

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 01:04:41 am »
I do want to ask tho, have you guys decided on a price yet (similar to KORD, KJFK) or is that still to be determined? My only other request is hurry up will ya, my cc is getting lonely  :)

If we had to factor in the development time (almost 2 years), it should probably cost twice as much as JFK but, of course, the market won't accept it so, since many entirely new technologies we developed for it (which hasn't been yet disclosed in the videos released so far...), will be used for many products in the following years, we can probably consider the time spent as an investment, so we'll price the scenery like any other FSDT scenery.

I for one would be ok with a slight price bump.  Products seem to be taking more and more of an investment in time (money) and after all, you have to make money at the end of the day.  The other thing people probably forget about - or take for granted - is all the damn updates for the installers everytime a new P3D version comes out.  Those are updates that are free already as it is. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:07:23 am by ywg256 »