Author Topic: Addon Manager not in drop down list **SOLVED**  (Read 3237 times)

antney79

Addon Manager not in drop down list **SOLVED**
« on: October 11, 2015, 02:30:45 pm »
I am using P3dV3, I do have V2 on my computer as well.  I have re-downloaded all the current installers for V3 and installed them, I also did this without antivirus off as well as directed in another post.  When starting V3 it never asks me if I trust Addon Manager.  That seems to be where something is happeing in restricting this from showing up on the drop down list.

any ideas, FSUIPC is on my addon tab but cant seem to get this working.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:22:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not in drop down list
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 09:18:22 am »
When starting V3 it never asks me if I trust Addon Manager.  That seems to be where something is happeing in restricting this from showing up on the drop down list.

P3D never ask to trust anything, this happens only on FSX, so it's normal you won't be asked.

Of course, since you are not being asked for trust anymore, it now becomes more difficult to be sure if you are not being asked because there's a problem, or because you already authorized that module, or because you already trusted us (as a publisher) entirely in your system, or because you *UN*-trusted us entirely on your system, so nothing signed by us will start.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Publishers" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted).

If this is not the problem, other reason for the Addon Manager might be checked in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

antney79

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:12:37 am »
Thanks for the tips, I did check the control panel for trust and untrusted and we are good there.  I tried a fresh install of p3dv3 and I loaded one fsdreamteam scenery and when starting p3d it goes through building new scenery database but then I get the "Can't Init SimConnect error!".

antney79

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 05:18:55 am »
found my fix, I needed to copy the simconnect.xml from 2.5 over to 3 and it solved the issue!  Thanks again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 11:22:34 am »
found my fix, I needed to copy the simconnect.xml from 2.5 over to 3 and it solved the issue!  Thanks again!

You normally don't, unless you use networked products. See here for an explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12574.msg95327.html#msg95327