Author Topic: Textures Corruption PMDG VC **SOLVED**  (Read 4502 times)

downscc

Textures Corruption PMDG VC **SOLVED**
« on: October 14, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »
I have used KDFW a dozen times in past couple of days, and occasionally would see a texture sheet in the sky instead of the morning sun (0800L). I was looking at a different problem so I put it on my todo list until this happended this morning. Using PMDG NGX B738 just pushed back from gate A10 using PMDG pushback tool when I was shifting my view in the cockpit doing pretaxi stuff when this happened. I tried restarting couatl, no change. It did not go away, I had to terminate the session. It looks like one of your texture sheets. Any suggestions??

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/downscc/CorruptTexNGX_zpsiiicvmk7.png

Any suggestions welcomed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:04:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Textures Corruption KDFW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »
Just because the texture looks like to belong to KDFW, doesn't mean KDFW is the problem. It's just a case of texture corruption so, any other random texture loaded in memory might have appeared.

Some thing to try:

- Restarting the sim.

- Don't use those memory-hungry airplanes that consume all your memory.

- Lower your graphic settings, so you might reclaim some of the video memory that has been taken by the memory-hungry airplane you use.

KDFW is quite light in memory load, so you can be sure it's not the one wasting your VRAM.

downscc

Re: Textures Corruption PMDG VC
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:03:20 pm »
That's your reply? Don't use PMDG??

I'll be sure to pass that to them.

Okay... the real solution was easy. Downloaded fresh Visual C++ Runtimes from MS and installed. Problem solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Textures Corruption PMDG VC
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 11:04:10 pm »
That's your reply? Don't use PMDG??

Obviously not. You can ALSO lower your settings when you use such memory-hungry airplane.

I'll be sure to pass that to them.

That the PMDG 737 is likely the most memory-hungry addon you are running in the sim, it's a fact, and has been proven with measurements you can easily replicate yourself.

See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7842.msg64881.html#msg64881

This test was made with CYVR, which is more memory intensive than KDFW. If you want to try the same test with KDFW, you'll notice that KDFW would take much less memory than CYVR, and both takes much less memory than the PMDG 737.

This doesn't mean much, in itself. It only means you should be AWARE of what your most memory-consuming addons are, so you might now where to start and what to eventually turn off or configure, to prevent OOMs.

Okay... the real solution was easy. Downloaded fresh Visual C++ Runtimes from MS and installed. Problem solved

This wasn't what fixed it. You think this fixed it, because in order to install the VC++ runtimes, you had to restart the sim, which is exactly what I've suggested to try.

Restarting the sim cleared up the texture memory corruption, but it might happen again, on another scenery that doesn't have anything to do with FSDT, especially after a long flight.