Author Topic: addonmanager not showing up in sim  (Read 2478 times)

mrbragster

addonmanager not showing up in sim
« on: February 13, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »
hi after P3D v2.5 was released i reformatted my comp so i had a fresh install of win 7 x64, after i installed all the FSDT scenery i own (+addonmanager) without any errors. when i open the sim all the GND textures and jet-ways show up like an unregistered version, but in the addons menu of P3D ther is no link to addon manager thus making me unable to register any addon.

attached are exe and dll.xml and a pic showing the addon drop-down list

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: addonmanager not showing up in sim
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 02:32:40 pm »
Try to install a scenery using the scenery installer, and DO NOT install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Test if it's working.

Or, do the opposite, and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager LAST, after all the sceneries. Test if it's working.

If is still not working, maybe the antivirus has blocked one of both, so no scenery will be seen.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch the sim yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourP3DFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourP3DFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch P3D

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If still not working, check the solution indicated in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077