Author Topic: Plane keeps crashing while taxing  (Read 4237 times)

murphy87

Plane keeps crashing while taxing
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »
I start at the gate, then taxi down C to rnwy 25R start to cross the tunnel that runs under KLAX then plane crashes. I like flying with crash detection on but the quick fix would be to ignore crashes, but i don't want to, that's not the point in a simulator. Please fix or help mabybe my mesh is off in the options but I use Orbx global and vector. Do i need to include klax in the elevation correction in ftx, because its not showing up in there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Plane keeps crashing while taxing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:41 am »
Please fix or help mabybe my mesh is off in the options but I use Orbx global and vector.

The additional mesh is most likely the problem. Try to see if the problem happens with the 3rd party mesh disabled.

Another important thing that has been discussed on the forum several times, is that you should keep the Mesh Complexity and Resolution as indicated in the "Design Notes" of the KLAX manual, and NOT higher, because there might be rounding errors which creates terrain spikes which makes the airplane crash.

Try with Mesh resolution at 5, not less, not more, and Complexity at 100%

Do i need to include klax in the elevation correction in ftx, because its not showing up in there.

I don't really know, you must ask OrbX.

johndrago

Re: Plane keeps crashing while taxing
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »
I start at the gate, then taxi down C to rnwy 25R start to cross the tunnel that runs under KLAX then plane crashes. I like flying with crash detection on but the quick fix would be to ignore crashes, but i don't want to, that's not the point in a simulator. Please fix or help mabybe my mesh is off in the options but I use Orbx global and vector. Do i need to include klax in the elevation correction in ftx, because its not showing up in there.

The problem is that crash detection in FSX is HIGHLY unrealistic due to the many faults FSX has:

- improperly programmed airports and elevations
- Non- AI vehicles that don't see you and will drive right through you
- improperly programmed runways with the wrong material (i.e. dirt rather than concrete)

etc...

You are setting yourself up for a list of frustrations trying to stick with something that is buggy.  I used to be like you regarding this matter, but too many ended flights due to the stupid aforementioned items, and enough was enough.  There's no frustration like prepping for a flight for an hour and have it end suddenly while taxing and an airport vehicle, or AI plane goes right into you without stopping.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

John