Author Topic: Premier Aircraft Design MD-11F & MD-11P Config  (Read 4913 times)

Tugger

Premier Aircraft Design MD-11F & MD-11P Config
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:18:19 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a config file for PAD's MD-11 in both Freighter and Pax mode. The pushback shows up, the pax bus arrives, the baggage train shows up, but no airstairs or cargo loaders arrive. I'd like to see the cargo loaders and airstairs as I enjoy flying the Freighter and I am missing the ground animations for load/unload.

I know PMDG's MD-11 is supported, so is there a way to use its config with the PAD version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Premier Aircraft Design MD-11F & MD-11P Config
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 10:28:51 pm »
I know PMDG's MD-11 is supported, so is there a way to use its config with the PAD version?

GSX can be configured for any airplane, just be sure you set all the doors correctly, and don't confuse doors, for example using a passenger door in place of a cargo door, etc.

Tugger

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:28:35 pm »
Is there a tutorial for the editor? I thought it worked by placing the ground vehicles where I want them for the doors and what not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:24:35 am »
Is there a tutorial for the editor?

Yes, of course, in the GSX manual.

I thought it worked by placing the ground vehicles where I want them for the doors and what not.

I think you are confusing the *parking* editor with the *airplane* editor.

The one that places the vehicles interactively is the *parking* customization, and is used to decide the STARTING positions of the vehicles on the apron, in order to better tune GSX to an airport and be sure those vehicles won't start, for example, inside a building or over an object.

The one that you need to use to adapt an airplane, is the *airplane* configuration editor, which adapts GSX to any airplane, and there you places ONLY doors, vehicles are not even displayed there.

The airplane graphical editor is explained at Page 31 of the manual.

Tugger

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 12:44:46 am »
Thanks Umberto! Happy flying!

(PS: Any chance of a Hough Paymover tractor being added?)