Author Topic: Any way to remove the 3 static United machines?  (Read 5007 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Any way to remove the 3 static United machines?
« on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »
 Would be nice to be able to remove the statics. They don't really fit as the rest of the airport looks so nice and the statics are kind of fuzzy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any way to remove the 3 static United machines?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »
It's not as easy as it seems, because if you could just remove the statics, their shadows would still show up on the terrain, because it's pre-rendered for obvious performance reasons. So, you would then have a matching piece of ground texture without the shadows.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 11:10:40 pm »
 Ok, thanks for the fast reply. Much appreciated.

wb2002

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:21:08 am »
Could you please share the reason for including the statics originally?
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

Brian S

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 08:45:12 pm »
Could you please share the reason for including the statics originally?

I second this.  I realize FSDT is only putting statics in overflow or maintenance areas, but it's a drain on resources and the aircraft do not match AI paints well (statics are too dark, shiny) that are already over the airport for many users.  The solution: Offer the ability to have statics or not during installation.  At the very least, only have a static that is sticking out of a maintenance hanger if the developer insists on having them.   Another thought on statics:  Only include statics that are vintage aircraft that are a permanent part of the airport in reality, like an old DC-3 or 727 that has been parked for years on site. 

People that enjoy AI aircraft typically detest static aircraft that cannot be removed.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:43:05 pm »
The solution: Offer the ability to have statics or not during installation.

Have you read my previous explanation ? If it was as easy as an install option, we would obviously do it already...if ENOUGH people will want to get rid of them, we'll have to rework that part of the airport, including the photoreal background, where their shadows is rendered on.