Author Topic: Combat Hornet  (Read 5482 times)

Starnose

Combat Hornet
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:48 am »
Stupid query. Am I missing the point here? Having installed this Combat version is it meant to be usable in the Carrier Tutorial Mission in FS-X or do I have to d/load another carrier from somewhere?
  Thank you, folks.

Orion

Re: Combat Hornet
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:22:27 am »
The Combat Hornet simply extends functionality of the default Acceleration Hornet, so yes, it is usable for carrier ops.  In fact, in addition to the A/A gun mode, it even adds support for carrier ILS/TACAN (111.00 MHz (47X) for the default Acceleration carrier, 112.00 MHz (57X) for Javier's Nimitz, and 113.00 MHz (77X) for Sylvain's Clemenceau).

Starnose

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:58:09 am »
Thanks, Orion. Most helpful but why can't I see this Combat version anywhere when I run the Carrier Mission? I can only find the default one and I'm really hunting for that much improved HUD?

Orion

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:58 pm »
Oh.  Since you're running a single player mission, you'll need to check the checkbox that says something among the lines of "Enable changes in the selected mission. (Rewards will not be granted.)" on the mission selection page in the FSX main UI.  Once the mission loads, you'll be able to go to the in-game menu (press the Alt key if it isn't visible) and change your aircraft.

Starnose

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:25:06 pm »
Righto! I'm off on the hunt.
  Thanks again for your help.

dreaminsight

Re: R: Combat Hornet
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »
but isn't possible shoot down, and more stupid launch missiles!