Author Topic: bglmanx.dll crashing... again **SOLVED**  (Read 4380 times)

keithcva51

bglmanx.dll crashing... again **SOLVED**
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:14:54 am »
I've just done a full re-install of FSX.  I have everything else running, and now am trying to get Vancouver to work.  I now get the following error every time I try to launch FSX (photo at end of post)

I found the following post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2358.0.html and followed all the suggestions here to the letter.  I cannot get this error to go away.  Select "yes" to run the dll and I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" message and it closes.  Over and over again, no matter how many times I reboot.

I do NOT get the "trusted software" message no matter how many times I delete the entries from the fsx.cfg as suggested in the linked topic.

I have AVG internet security 2014, but I have completely disabled it, and it's firewall, as well as setting my main FSX folder as an exception in the Resident Shield and virus scan modules.

I've downloaded and installed the stand-alone addon manager several times.  Makes no difference.

I should add that when I reinstalled FSX, I changed the location of it on my system.  It used to be on a HDD and I re-installed it on a SSD.  Would the moving of the installation cause an issue?

Any help would sure be appreciated....

]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx170/keithcva51/Image1.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:50:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll crashing... again.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:42:29 am »
I should add that when I reinstalled FSX, I changed the location of it on my system.  It used to be on a HDD and I re-installed it on a SSD.  Would the moving of the installation cause an issue?

Depending how you "moved" it. If you try to move an installation in order to save time and not reinstall all the add-ons, it usually won't work, because the FSX installers installs a *lot* of other things that CAN affect many products, including our own, mainly the VC++ runtime libraries.

The proper way to "move" an FSX installation, is:

- Uninstall ALL your add-ons FIRST

- Uninstall FSX

- Remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

- Reinstall FSX, pointing to the new location

- Reinstall all your add-ons

That's the only SAFE way to "move" FSX. Doing something else, might easily corrupt Windows libraries beyond repair.

Any help would sure be appreciated....

Try to follow ALL suggestions found in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7254.msg61437.html#msg61437

Don't skip ANY suggestion. Follow all different posts, up to the end of the thread. Assuming is not an antivirus issue (if you are REALLY sure is properly configured) the most likely cause is a problem with your VC++ runtime libraries installation.

keithcva51

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:13 pm »
No joy... I'm at a complete loss.

First, of course I completely uninstalled FSX addons and FSX itself.  Including reg cleaning with CCleaner.

Installed the new SSD, re-installed FSX.  Installed Majestic DHC8Q4 and PMDG 737NGX.  Then installed Fsdreamteam CYVR.

I have now followed every single suggesting in the post you linked.  Including trying the two individual dll's you linked.

Completely uninstalled AVG and removed all traces of it with CCleaner.

Uninstalled ALL Visual C++ libraries (I had 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.  Removed them all) and scanned with CCleaner.

Uninstalled FSDT CYVR including the addon manager. and scanned with CCleaner

Checked the FSX.cfg under "trusted"... No entries regarding couatl or bglman were found.

Reinstalled FSDT CYVR.  When I try to launch FSX, I get the "updating scenery library" message... Then the error window pops up.  Clicking yes causes FSX to crash to desktop immediately.

I'm going to try a full Windows re-install.... Will advise.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:33:01 pm by keithcva51 »

keithcva51

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:47:28 pm »
Well, I'm up and running.

Couatl and bglmanx are loading fine.  CYVR is working perfectly.

When I installed the new SSD and moved the location of FSX, I tried to save some time by not doing a full reinstall of windows.  Clearly that bit me in the backside.

Fresh install of windows.  Fresh install of FSX.  Everything is working again.