Author Topic: GSX for the general aviation and light business aviation  (Read 9500 times)

DocBird

GSX for the general aviation and light business aviation
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:16:38 pm »
Umberto,

I am aware that GSX so far is made for the „big iron” only. That is a pitty as I – and most likely many other users of FSX and P3D – mostly fly smaller aircraft. By smaller I mean anything smaller the Q400.

For us pilots from the general aviation (GA) side would it be possible to develop some special features that allow us to take advantage of your superb product?

I think of a fuel truck that holds next to the plane and a guy/girl climbing on a ladder to insert the fuel hose into the aircrafts wing. Or the same happening at the fuel station if I arrive, apply the parking break and cut of the engine.

Maybe a guy/girl to unload the baggage or some cargo from the plane onto a cart and possibly a limo for the business jets to pull next to the aircraft (instead of the passenger bus). 

I think that I am not the only one who is waiting for this kind of features and that there is a broad customer base for this.

Any plans for such updates or even for a standalone product?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX for the general aviation and light business aviation
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »
For us pilots from the general aviation (GA) side would it be possible to develop some special features that allow us to take advantage of your superb product?

The most likely outcome, is that we'll release an expansion product, based on GSX, to cover GA specifics.

jehill69

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:29 am »
I believe this should be incorporated into the original software and not an expansion pack. Eliminate the truck and have the plane walker push the plane into position; change the bus graphic to a limo; change the baggage vehicles to carts. Doesn’t seem to be too much of an ask. FSX original aircraft is the Cessna 172. Why would you great a software product that doesn’t support the original aircraft?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:40:17 am by jehill69 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:29:23 pm »
I believe this should be incorporated into the original software and not an expansion pack.

Not all users would interested in it, and developing add-ons professionally costs a lot of money. The base GSX was released in early 2012, and updates to its core program are still coming and are STILL FREE, after 7+ years. We could have made a couple of small sized airports and sell them, in the time it took to do the free PBR update...

But there's no way we could keep adding stuff over and over, forever. Doing expansions which are obviously *optional*, means users can decide for themselves to continue supporting the product for updates, which will keep coming for the Base product THANKS to the sales of the Expansions, without feeling compelled to buy something they might not be interested into.

thebig_leo

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 06:17:33 am »

The most likely outcome, is that we'll release an expansion product, based on GSX, to cover GA specifics.

This topic is a little old, and it makes me a little frustrated. Is there a possibility of this expansion? General Aviation is growing a lot, and I miss the GSX MSFS

Simjockey

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 04:01:10 pm »
I agree that it is time that given the love GSX has lavished on tubeliners, some should be directed toward GA ops.  Don't get me wrong, I love GSX and accept that I've essentially crowdfunded GSX for tubeliners hoping for some more attention to GA e.g. small deliveries of baggage/parcels to my aircraft, passengers who stoop to get in the door (I love getting them to walk to and from the FBO door with the current GSX capabilities).

Please Virtuali, pretty please!!!!!

Regards.