Author Topic: Don't shoot me but! **SOLVED**  (Read 3218 times)

Avidean

Don't shoot me but! **SOLVED**
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:08:22 am »
Looking for a solution to the flashing in the textures of CYVR on this forum I came across a couple of closed threads that had a bit of heated discussion.
The upshot seem to be that if you have followed the setting instruction in the manual and if you have no conflicting scenery and still have those flashing
textures you are stuck with them and that there is nothing the dev. can do about it?

Anyway here goes nothing. I first saw this issue in FSX and now in P3DV2.1.

The P3dV2.1 install in vanilla with the exception of this Addon and FSUIPC and even not using trackIR the Flashing is still there:

I tried: Go to ~(install dir)\scenery\world\scenery and change the suffix of CYVR_AP_alt.bgl to .OFF

But that didn't work. So am I to take it that this is just the way the scenery is and there is not now and never will be a fix?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:25:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Don't shoot me but!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »
Anyway here goes nothing. I first saw this issue in FSX and now in P3DV2.1.

The problem doesn't happen on FSX, but under P3D 2.1 only, it seems is another difference in behaviour between the two sims. We found what was causing it and you can fix it by applying the latest Live Update (if you have GSX installed) which is available online now, you will see its notification shortly.

If you don't have GSX installed, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager and install it.