Author Topic: KJFK not correct positioned?  (Read 7814 times)

janosch

KJFK not correct positioned?
« on: September 20, 2008, 12:02:18 pm »
Hi,

i've got the feeling JFK is not correctly positioned (at least not in my setup). I tried the flatten command mentioned in another thread but this had no effect. I do not have (and never had) any other scenery installed in this area then FSGenesis Mesh and Ultimate Terrain USA.
Has anybody any hint how to get that fixed? 

There seems to be some kind of landclass issue when looking to the southeast as well (see the marked areas in the second screenshot).

thank you and kind regards

janosch

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thorsten_W

Re: KJFK not correct positioned?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:28:29 pm »
I had the same problem...then I recognized, that the aerial photo of New York wasn't active in the scenery library..."check" it, and it should work...
Greetings from Germany!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:45:51 pm »
That's right, you shouldn't disable the default MS photoreal New York in FS9.

janosch

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 02:11:41 pm »
Hi,

thank you for the hints! Ich checked it but New York Photographic scenery is activated in FS9 (and always was actvated). I'll try to check now if that's a problem with UT USA (any other UT users here?) and report back.

janosch

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 02:13:20 pm »
Have you tried putting the MS photo real scenery below our JFK, but above UT ?

janosch

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 02:52:04 pm »
Hi,

thank you, that fixed it! Moving the New York Photo Scenery on top of UT fixed it, just the errors marked on the second screenshots are still there but that might be an UT related issue only (i don't know for sure if that error where present before installing JFK or not).

janosch

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 02:55:11 pm »
What's the point with default NY photo scenery? It's ugly and I de-activated it for all of my sceneries including FSDT KORD. UT works nice (if it's above KJFK), except for the strange piece of surface near 4L take-off area, but I can live with that

i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

janosch

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:53 am »
Hi,

thank you dimon, i got i solved now as well. The errors on the second screenshot where UT related and gone after updating UT and reconfiguring it.  JFK now also blends perfectly into UT USA. I moved the ugly Photoscenery back to it's original place in the library and everything is fine now.

thank you!

janosch

_Dre_

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:25 pm »
Sorry to stir up an old post but I bought UT USA today and noticed the fake piece of land attached to 4L as well. There is also a fake rectangular island about 2 miles off the coast directly in line with a 13L/R departure. Did anyone figure out how to get rid of these?

Edit: The fake rectangular island disappeared after moving UT USA down in the scenery library below all sceneries but above all the default photo sceneries. The 4L fake landmass still remains though.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:27:16 pm by _Dre_ »
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.