Author Topic: installation problem  (Read 11902 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: installation problem
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 11:23:43 pm »
I already bought the scenery and registered it and I am using fsx/sp2, not acceleration.

I repeat again, just to be sure:

- The installer didn't issued any error message. Yes or No ?

- The installer didn't put the scenery in the scenery library, even if it didn't issued any error message ?

- If you added Zurich in the Library, did it start updating the library with the progress bar that says "Updating scenery files" ? If yes, you should restart FSX. If no, it means you haven't correctly set the folder.  To set the folder, you need SELECT with a single click the Zurich folder, do NOT double click to show up the Zurich\scenery subfolder, click the Zurich folder and press OK.

- The Addon Manager works, you see Zurich, and it says it's "Active" ?

But, evev if it wasn't active, you should at least see the scenery in Trial for 5 minutes, not simply not showing anything. So, it's not an Addon Manager problem, and it's not an activation problem, otherwise the scenery would have worked in Trial mode.

- O'Hare and JFK both work ?

Sorry, but if all of this is true, the only explanation can be:

a) You are not adding the scenery to the library correctly

b) you don't have the latest version of Zurich

Harold

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 11:34:43 pm »
1. The installer did not issue any error message.
2. True, the installer did not put the scenery in the scenery library.
3. After I manually added ZurichX to the scenery library the progreess bar did show up and I did restart fsx.
4. The addon manager does show that ZurichX is active.
5. The only problem might be that the trail mode did not show up before I activated Zurich.
6. O'hare is activated and works well and JFK works well in Trail Mode and when I load it says trail mode has started at the top of the screen.
7. I downloaded the ZurichX installer a few hours ago so I assume it's the latest and I did add the scenery correctly to the scenery library by only clicking on the ZurichX folder once and seeing the progress bar.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:00 pm »
I'm at loss.

Contact me via email, I can send you a special version which can help me figuring out what's wrong. Email is in the Contact button on the Home page.

Harold

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 11:41:20 pm »
Yes!!!

Zurich now works. I open fsx and choose Zurich as my location and click FLY NOW! and the buildings showed up!

Maybe I forgot to exit fsx after I added Zurich into the scenery library.