Author Topic: KORD Afcad  (Read 5007 times)

FsxPro500

KORD Afcad
« on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:48 am »
Hello, I am looking for an afcad file for your scenery. The one in the installer is horrible and outdated. I recently reinstalled the scenery and installer. I am getting very annoyed when the United Express are not at their correct gates and parking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Afcad
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »
I am getting very annoyed when the United Express are not at their correct gates and parking.

Just edit them with an AFCAD editor like ADE or AFX, and save it back. Your message would be much useful, if you said WHICH gates you think are the correct ones for that airline.

And of course, you will never, ever have entirely correct airline assignment because, before an airline is chosen with their code, an airplane must be suited to a parking using the most general AI assignment rules, so an AI will be assigned to the smallest parking that can accept it, and in relationship to its distance to the active runway BEFORE checking for its airline, and parking radius can't be set so freely, because it has repercussions on how it interacts with the nearby parkings, with the jetways, etc. So, a scenery is not always simply "wrong", but it must obey to several constraints in FSX.

Again, please make a list of what parkings should be the "correct" ones.

FsxPro500

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:23:58 am »
Terminal 1 is used for United Airlines and Star Alliance departures. Terminal 2 is used for mostly United Express flights, and some US Airways, JetBlue, Air Canada, Us Airways Express, Delta, and Delta Connection. Terminal 3 is used for American Airlines and American Eagle. Concourse Lima is used for Spirit, Alaska, Virgin America, and WestJet flights. Lastly, Terminal 5 is used for international arrivals such as Lufthansa and British Airways. The South Cargo ramp is used for FedEx, UPS, and other cargo airlines. The North Parking is used for other cargo flights. The only airlines out of place are Qatar, United Express, Etihad, and Air Berlin. I have tried to edit the afcad with no success. Air Berlin, Etihad, and Qatar belong in Terminal 5.

FsxPro500

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:00:00 am »
I found some made by others, but now there are no jetways.   ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:53 pm »
I found some made by others, but now there are no jetways.   ???

That's because who made it, did some kind of mistake when saving back, or used the wrong version of the editor (old version, most likely)

FsxPro500

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 12:02:51 am »
Well can you possibly update the afcad? I found out I will need to reinstall my fsx in order to compile .bgl files. Some parking spots still have Delta Connection at T3 and no there are no afcad updates that don't have old airlines (Continental and Northwest). Like I said, my fsx SDK is broken.