Author Topic: Prepare3D and GSX compatibility  (Read 4703 times)

Captain Fred

Prepare3D and GSX compatibility
« on: February 09, 2014, 05:07:07 pm »
I just purchased Prepare3D and looking at reinstalling GSX and O'Hare X. Are these programs compatible with P3D?
Is there any special setting I should adjust for these sceneries?
I did a search to see if this topic was posted but did not find anything, so I am posting here.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepare3D and GSX compatibility
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »
As discussed several times already on the forum, for example here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,4865.0.html

Here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9549.msg75582.html#msg75582

And here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9683.msg76412.html#msg76412

All our current installers are compatible with P3D V2, you don't have to do anything special, other than probably disabling the P3D Migration Tool, which is not needed for any product that already supports P3D natively, like our own.

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I did check out the other posts.

Timonier

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:56:57 am »
Hello Umberto,

Just installed the patch P3D v2.1 and it seems there's an incompatibilty with this version of P3D ? Do you confirm ?

Thanks in advance for your further informations.

Best Regards

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:57:41 am »
Just installed the patch P3D v2.1 and it seems there's an incompatibilty with this version of P3D ? Do you confirm ?

Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9905.0.html

Just wait for the updated installers.

Timonier

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:42:29 pm »
Thx Umberto :)

Marc

Er!k

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 05:01:16 pm »
I tried to install GSX on my fresh P3D v2.1 installation, however; the add-on manager is not visible. After some research I found out that the bglmanx.dll file (and corresponding .dat files) are not placed in the Modules folder, but in the root folder. Also, after moving those files to the modules folder, it does not work (probably need to update registry files)??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:22 pm »
After some research I found out that the bglmanx.dll file (and corresponding .dat files) are not placed in the Modules folder, but in the root folder

There's not an error of course (why you think the installer would place files in wrong folders ?? If it was true, it won't work for everybody ), and the "modules" folder doesn't even exists in FSX and Prepar3D.

Using a folder named "modules", it's a legacy from FS9 times, when modules HAD to be placed in the modules folder and nowhere else, and they ran automatically (if compiled in a certain way) and only from there.  Under FSX and P3D there's no modules folder anywhere and the concept of a dedicated place to put modules doesn't exist anymore, since it's possible to specify any path in the DLL/EXE XML files.

Some users get confused and believe the "modules" folder exists in FSX or P3D, but that's just because installing FSUIPC will CREATE a modules folder for itself, maybe for consistency with add-ons coming from FS9 and looking for it in the modules folder, but other than that, the modules folder doesn't have any special meaning in FSX/P3D.

So no, the installer is obviously correct placing the files in the sim root, because that's where the DLL/EXE XML file the installer also create will reference, so you must put them back.

. Also, after moving those files to the modules folder, it does not work (probably need to update registry files)??

The reason why they are not starting, is likely a problem in your system, the most common case is the antivirus blocking the files, in this case you must:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus Entirely OFF

- BEFORE you start the sim, configure the antivirus to exclude the Following files from scanning:

YourP3DFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourP3DFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

Then you can launch P3D

If it's not the antivirus, it might be a problem with your VC++ 2005 runtumes installation, that might be corrupted or missing or in conflict with something else, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78006.html#msg78006

Er!k

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Here is what I have done so far:
- Removed GSX and the Addon Manager
- Removed every C++2005 entry
- Removed P3D v2.1
- Rebooted the PC
- Installed the files
- Rebooted
- Did all the updates
- Rebooted
- Installed P3D again
- Install GSX again

Unfortunately no luck... Do I have to do the same steps for the 2008 and 2010 libraries?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:55:00 pm by Er!k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 09:43:13 pm »
Unfortunately no luck... Do I have to do the same steps for the 2008 and 2010 libraries?

As explained many times already, don't post twice about the same issue in two different places. You are not getting a better chance of being replied to, you are only doubling support effort for no reason.

You already posted the same, identical, message here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78033.html#msg78033

Please, decide which thread you want to follow, and stick to that one.