Author Topic: CTRL-F10 not working (P3D 2.0)  (Read 3212 times)

OmniAtlas

CTRL-F10 not working (P3D 2.0)
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:19:19 am »
I've tried reassigning to different key combinations but the dialog box still does not pop up.

I have downloaded the latest GSX and updated COUATL.

Am I doing something wrong? It works with FSX.

Thank you.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: CTRL-F10 not working (P3D 2.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:31:19 pm »
Although an FSX user, I have had an on-going problem with Ctrl-Shft-F10 not working. Umberto has seen my evidence of this.

The only solution that I have found is to assign another combination.

You may have to try all combinations that you could imagine until you find one working, including assigning one combination and pressing another. At present I have Ctrl+Shft+f10 assigned, but have to press Ctrl+Shft+P to get it to work.

Until Umberto can try to answer your P3D 2.0 question, you might try my desperation work-around.

Good luck, and do report on your fix when you get one.

Regards, Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »
Am I doing something wrong? It works with FSX.

There shouldn't be any difference, if it works with FSX, it means everything in our install is fine, and the preference files (key mappings, etc.) are *shared* between P3D and FSX.

A possible explanation is that another add-on is using that key, but in P3D only. Or perhaps P3D itself use it, so you should simply need to use another key. Why not using the default CTRL+Shift+F12 for FSX and CTRL+F12 for YouControl ?

OmniAtlas

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »
Hi thanks for the help --

I've tried different combinations --

Control-F12
Ctl-Alt-F12
Control-F11
Control-P
Ctl-Alt-P
Just P by itself...and other letter combinations...still not working. I do not have Ctrl-F12 or assigned to any other commands.

Ctrl-F12 works when I am in an FSDT airport, but it doesn't bring up the GSX dialog box (I think it brings up the menu to open/close certain hanger doors?)

Is there a conflict with FSX and should I remove FSX (I don't use it anymore)?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 03:13:37 pm »
Ctrl-F12 works when I am in an FSDT airport, but it doesn't bring up the GSX dialog box (I think it brings up the menu to open/close certain hanger doors?)

That looks like you haven't installed GSX, but just the rest of our software (sceneries, Addon Manager, etc.). Do you have the "GSX - Settings" menu ?

OmniAtlas

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:06:30 pm »

That looks like you haven't installed GSX, but just the rest of our software (sceneries, Addon Manager, etc.). Do you have the "GSX - Settings" menu ?

No I will try and reinstall.

I think I remember now when I first installed it there was an error when it tried to download a file. It may not have completed the install process then. Thank you