Author Topic: O'Hare Runways 10C & 10L  (Read 6540 times)

oldguy

O'Hare Runways 10C & 10L
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »
Are there any plans to update O'Hare to add runways 10C/28C and 10L/28R in the near future?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare Runways 10C & 10L
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:04:55 am »
Yes, but probably not very soon, because we have to finish KIAH first, and the next large update will probably be KLAS. KORD has been updated not too long ago, and unfortunately is still a work in progress.

flysiu

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:57:26 am »
Any chance when ORD gets an update it will get some of the other goodies (such as the fancy taxiway/road overpasses) that JFK got? I don't mind saying I'm jealous of all the upgrades that JFK got shortly after ORD's facelift. I did'nt mind one bit paying for the upgrade to JFK, it did wonders for my frames and it looks fantastic. I would'nt mind paying for the same facelift for ORD, I doubt I'm alone. Keep up all the fine work guys, I can't wait for IAH.

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 06:02:08 am »
Any chance when ORD gets an update it will get some of the other goodies (such as the fancy taxiway/road overpasses) that JFK got? I don't mind saying I'm jealous of all the upgrades that JFK got shortly after ORD's facelift. I did'nt mind one bit paying for the upgrade to JFK, it did wonders for my frames and it looks fantastic. I would'nt mind paying for the same facelift for ORD, I doubt I'm alone. Keep up all the fine work guys, I can't wait for IAH.

With all the new updates and especially the cargo ramps I would pay for an upgrade even if it is just the new runways and south taxiways and cargo area. But these features would be great too. Please fsdt give us a proper ORDv2 by the winter. And make sure to get the cargo ramps proportions correct. Parking in the south cargo area facing south there is no room to taxi behind you, the parking areas need to be pushed more south closer to the buildings.

downscc

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:11:37 am »
I've been away for a few years, life happens, and did manage to upgrade my FSDT airports and add a few new ones in the past couple days. Today I flew into your KORD v2 all set up for RWY 28C but was surprised that a product I just upgraded wasn't up to date. I understand having read past posts; BUT, it would be considerate of you to include current limitations in the product even if those limitations have arisen since product was released. Jusy sayin'

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:15:17 am »
Today I flew into your KORD v2 all set up for RWY 28C but was surprised that a product I just upgraded wasn't up to date

You might have upgraded it now, but O'Hare 2.0 has been released in November 2011:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4991.0

That's more than 2.5 Years ago...and this is a FREE UPDATE for a product which was released in early 2008, that's more than 6 years ago. Of course it WAS updated to the real-world situation back then. Trouble is, O'Hare went to a very long and complex renovation process, which is still not finished.

We'll likely revisit it again in the future, but you can't just expect the airport would be constantly updated according to real world, for the whole duration of its lifetime cycle as a product.

If you would expect that, you would then start to accept to pay for a subscription system, JUST AS the constant Navigraph database updates, with the difference that providing with a database update is basically effortless and fully automated process, while updating an actual scenery with new textures and modeling, is a far more complex and lengthy process, so it would be considerably more expensive if it was a subscription.

it would be considerate of you to include current limitations in the product even if those limitations have arisen since product was released.

I don't know of any other scenery developer that put a warning on all their products, indicating if and how outdated they are compared to real life. It's just assumed a scenery reflects the real world situation at the time of its release.