Author Topic: Question about GSX vehicles  (Read 3663 times)

apomet

Question about GSX vehicles
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:38:27 pm »
Hello,
I am using Airport GPS program by DBS studio, a very useful program for finding your way around an airport.
In the airport GPS screen it is displayed AI traffic which is very convenient.
My problem is that apart from that all GSX vehicles are also displayed.
AES and FSX airport vehicles are not displayed.
Do you have any idea if it is possible to remove the GSX vehicles from appearing?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

in the photo blue circles represent AI traffic, green circle represent GSX vehicles
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:21:19 pm by apomet »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about GSX vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:19 am »
My problem is that apart from that all GSX vehicles are also displayed.

That's normal, and it's a shortcoming of that program that, instead of asking all kind of AI, should have used a Simconnect instruction to request *aircraft* AI only or, at least, have an option to let user select to see everything (aircraft, ground, boat, etc.) or just aircraft.

AES and FSX airport vehicles are not displayed.

That's normal too. AES vehicles are not really ground AI, but are created by AES in a way that FSX doesn't consider them to be ground AI, and FSX airport vehicles are not ground AI either, they are part of the "Living World", which is not "AI", so that's explains why the program that you use can't see them: the Simconnect call that ask for a list of AI will only interact with proper "AI", not just any object that moves.

Do you have any idea if it is possible to remove the GSX vehicles from appearing?

The only way is asking the developer of that program to change the Simconnect call used, and request only *aircraft* AI, if this was the intention of the product, there's no other way, and we can't fix it from our side.

As an example, the air radar that comes with the F/A-18 included in the Acceleration Pack (we made that one...), doesn't show GSX vehicles, because it correctly ask for aircraft AI only, not everything.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:48:46 am by virtuali »

apomet

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
Thank you very much. I will try to contact the developers although their support is terrible. One more question.
In the Airport GPS window all GSX ground vehicles show as normal green circles and only luggage carriers show as huge circles.
In the past this did not happen, I think that after a GSX update it started to show like that.
Is there at least a way to show luggage carriers as normal green circles as well? This would be nice.
Look at the image to see what I mean. The large circle is the luggage carrier moving away from the aircraft after I asked for catering service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:53:43 pm »
In the Airport GPS window all GSX ground vehicles show as normal green circles and only luggage carriers show as huge circles. In the past this did not happen, I think that after a GSX update it started to show like that.

It has been a while since we updated those models (we only added the cargo loader and many new liveries) so I don't think a GSX update could cause this. The real issue is, if that program is supposed to display AI aircraft only, it should filter out non-aircraft objects, that would be the correct way of doing it, all GSX objects are correctly flagged as ground vehicles.

apomet

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:25:07 pm »
I know, I'm just referring to the dimensions of the green circle and if you by chance can imagine a parameter that I could change in order to make this vehicle show as a normal green circle and not as a huge one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:44:07 am »
I'm just referring to the dimensions of the green circle and if you by chance can imagine a parameter that I could change in order to make this vehicle show as a normal green circle and not as a huge one.

That's why I've said we haven't changed the models.

The model radius is inside the .MDL file and checking the versioning server, I can see the .MDL file for the Baggage Loader hasn't been modified since August 2012.

apomet

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 05:46:55 pm »
Ok. I have contacted the program developer and he told me that they are going to fix it in a future update.Let's see. Thanks anyway!!!