Author Topic: CTD when overflying Chicago-O'Hare airport  (Read 7917 times)

skycruiser

CTD when overflying Chicago-O'Hare airport
« on: September 20, 2008, 12:51:41 am »
I just downloaded Chicago O'Hare for FS9 and wanted to try it out. But after a minute or so I always get a CTD. Every time I want to fly from Chicago this error happens.

At the same time I downloaded the new JFK airport and installed it on the same computer - no problem at all.

When I run the installer of either Chicago or New York I get the error message "Internal Error: Espression error 'Runtime Error (at 98:835): '189Title=Chep_Lap_Kok' is not a valid integer value'.". I tried to fix the problem with incorrect layer and area number, but it didn't help.

Now, before I buy this Chicago airport I want to get this CTD fixed. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for?

I'm running
FS9 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thank you for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD when overflying Chicago-O'Hare airport
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:57:07 am »
When I run the installer of either Chicago or New York I get the error message "Internal Error: Espression error 'Runtime Error (at 98:835): '189Title=Chep_Lap_Kok' is not a valid integer value'."

That's the issue. You have a corrupted scenery.cfg file, with a syntax error. If you are not confortable editing it, just post it here, I can fix it for you.

skycruiser

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 04:45:16 pm »
I tried to fix my scenery.cfg (and found some mistakes), but my FS9 is still crashing above Chicago. If you could check my scenery.cfg (see attachment below) it would be very nice - thank you very much!

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 05:25:03 pm »
Your scenery.cfg it's fine. But, if it was corrupted, it would have FS9 crashing at start, or our installer not completing the installation.

If you are crashing only over O'hare, it must be something else. Usually is a default terrain texture missing or corrupted, or an AI with a wrong texture. Nothing related to O'Hare itself.

Have you tried with O'Hare disabled in the Scenery Library, but NOT Uninstalled ?

Just to be sure, you are running FS9.1, right ? 9.0 wouldn't probably work.

skycruiser

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 06:22:39 pm »
Thank you for checking my scenery.cfg. You are right - after disabling O'Hare I still have a CTD. And yes, I'm running FS9.1. So I have to look for corrupted terrain textures. Does any tool exist to do that? I will also try to disable all AI Traffic to ensure that there is no problem with their textures.

Thanks for your quick answers - I really appreciate it!

skycruiser

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:36:13 pm »
You are right - without AI traffic I have no CTD anymore! The question is now: How can I find out which of my hundreds of AI aircraft as corrupted textures?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:23:16 pm »
You are right - without AI traffic I have no CTD anymore! The question is now: How can I find out which of my hundreds of AI aircraft as corrupted textures?

Try this one:

http://aifs.pvdveen.net/ACA2005.htm

skycruiser

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:03:41 pm »
Thanks for the link - I will try it out and report.

skycruiser

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 11:08:06 pm »
Unfortunately this tool couldn't help me. I found two aircraft with corrupt textures, but removing these two aircraft didn't solve my problem.

But it seems to be a "general" FS problem and not related to your product, so I will not longer bother you with my problem.

Thank you very much for all your tips! :)

skycruiser

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 12:39:29 pm »
Just for information: I found the reason for my CTD's. After removing an AI-Traffic-BGL file, I had no more CTD's. Actually it was a corrupt texture within an AI plane. Reason enough to buy now your Chicago O'Hare airport.

Thanks again for your valuable support here! :) :)