Author Topic: rebuilding database everytime fsx loads.  (Read 3421 times)

fruitycocktail

rebuilding database everytime fsx loads.
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:43:39 am »
Hello..

Im having issues with gsx, everytime I load fsx it goes though the process of building the database.

Once this is done I do my flight, no problems,  then close down the sim. 

I then get the "fsx has had to close due to an error"  (bex error)

I reload the sim, and once again, back to building databases again... this is just started happening today..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: rebuilding database everytime fsx loads.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:32:30 pm »
Im having issues with gsx, everytime I load fsx it goes though the process of building the database.

Who's building its own database ? GSX, FSX or both ?

fruitycocktail

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:37:09 pm »
hello..

just gsx, everytime.

very frustrating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
just gsx, everytime.

Enable Logging from the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, then post your Couatl.LOG file that will be created into your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

It's possible that some of your installed sceneries has a corrupted file, and this is causing GSX trying to rebuild its cache at every start, because it can't complete due to a corrupted scenery file. The Couatl.LOG will likely indicate this.

fruitycocktail

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »
so i completely reinstalled my system. a full dropping of partiction. reinstall of w7 64 bit, fsx, addon scenery / aircraft and then GSX

the issue has been solved of rebuilding database each time, however, I still have this issue below.

I would like to add too i installed GSX at the end after all my addons both aircraft and scenery, as well as squawkbox, asn and ultimate traffice too.  The sim ONLY started doing this after gsx was installed.  Therefore its GSX and not the others... How can now fix this "stop working problem"

http://s27.postimg.org/xdizojrer/screenshot.jpg
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:02:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:57 am »
I would like to add too i installed GSX at the end after all my addons both aircraft and scenery, as well as squawkbox, asn and ultimate traffice too.  The sim ONLY started doing this after gsx was installed. Therefore its GSX and not the others... How can now fix this "stop working problem"

You just can't assume "it's GSX", JUST because the crash happened after installing it. For example, if one of the other add-ons you have installed have caused a problem to one of the Windows libraries needed by GSX, you would mislead thinking "it's GSX", because the problem surfaced only after GSX tried to install its own (correct) version.

Don't you think that, if GSX really "crashed FSX" after a clean install, we would have *thousands* from users reporting it, and the problem would have been found and fixed years ago ?

So, in order to find what really crashed, you should first check the Windows Event Viewer, under the Tools section in the Windows Control Panel. Look in the Application Log, there should be some events related to FSX, open the Event, check the Details, and post them here.