Author Topic: PHOG Redundant Buildings/Cargo/Cars  (Read 5615 times)

rlw9sr

PHOG Redundant Buildings/Cargo/Cars
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
I have installed the PHOG airport and continue to see the taxiways and runways cluttered with extraneous buildings, cars, and cargo.  I have checked the scenery folders (world/global/and addon scenery) for duplicate .bgl files, and there are none.  I am using UT2 and ORBX global but I don't see any problem with AI traffic.  Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated--Thanks,

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHOG Redundant Buildings/Cargo/Cars
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
It's difficult to know from where these vehicles come from without a screenshot.

You can first check if they come from the default ground traffic, by setting the relevant slider in FSX to minimum. Or, you can check if they come with the scenery, by un-checking the "Ground traffic" option in the Addon Manager.

rlw9sr

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »
Thanks for the response--I do have the fsx traffic at a minimum--It appears as a parking lot (I noticed this was referenced in a previous post).  It's primarily the buildings and cargo that populate the scenery.  I do have the display options at the full right settings; AI however is low--Thanks again--

Robert

P.S. I have checked/rechecked the scenery directories/folders for duplicate .bgls--no success

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:41:12 am »
I do have the display options at the full right settings

If they are static, they are controlled by the Scenery Complexity slider.

But, if they are also out of place, than you have a scenery conflict of some kind. Note that, the utilities that scan for scenery conflicts on an airport, like the FSX Airport Scanner, are only able to find duplicate AFCADs, not any possible scenery duplicate. If you have a plain scenery (for example coming from installing some freeware long ago), you must find it manually.

rlw9sr

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:48 pm »
Attached is the latest screenshot--Thanks again for any comments--

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:03:23 am »
Attached is the latest screenshot--Thanks again for any comments--

That's strange, those are static cars from the scenery, but they are in the wrong place, they are supposed to be on the car parking lot, surely not there, Since nobody ever reported this problem before, I really can't see how this could be happening.

Do you have a "copy" of those cars in the parking lot too ?

Maybe it's a graphic glitch caused by video settings, like a problem with your video drivers or settings, or video memory corruption.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 04:44:53 am »
Have you tried simply re-installing the scenery?

rlw9sr

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:15:25 am »
Thanks for all of your suggestions--I isolated the problem to a module, "WideTraffic," that was passing the default PHOG scenery to the scenery client--I appreciate your help--

Robert