Author Topic: Problem With Installation  (Read 6076 times)

mt2608

Problem With Installation
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:38:32 pm »
Hi,

I am hoping you can help me with a problem after installing the FS9 version of JFK

When FS9 starts up I get the following error:

"For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again."

followed by

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.

File: bglman.dll"

JFK then loads up with no buildings, as now do KORD and LSZH
I also get no Addon Manager option in the FS9 menu.

I don't think I have the system debugger running. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this made no difference.

Like many I have been waiting impatiently for this release, so any help to get me buying and enjoying it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem With Installation
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:17:49 pm »
When FS9 starts up I get the following error:

"For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again."

Have a look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=985.msg7689#msg7689

mt2608

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 10:31:35 pm »
Ok so I have cracked it...

As suggested download latest installers for KORD and LSZH.
FS9 started up fine and Addon Manager available.

Then reinstalled JFK, back to the same error message again.

Reinstalled the same version of LSZH I had installed ten minutes previously, and hey presto everything worked perfectly.

So it would appear that JFK being last of the 3 installed was the problem, though not really sure why that should be.

Thanks for all those that offered their help, and the scenery is well worth the effort!!

Mark

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:42:29 am »
You can't. This is going to need to be fixed by FSDT. It looks like there is possibly a problem in the Addon Manager itself. I know they had a problem a long time ago with it. Heck, this might be whats causing all the .dll errors in the other threads people are reporting ???
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:29:27 am »
You can't. This is going to need to be fixed by FSDT. It looks like there is possibly a problem in the Addon Manager itself. I know they had a problem a long time ago with it. Heck, this might be whats causing all the .dll errors in the other threads people are reporting ???

There's nothing to be fixed right now. You are confusing several issues:

- The original poster about the debugger problem is due to the fact he probably had an older version, the one that still didn't supported the >2GB patch together with the original MS CD protection. This has been fixed months ago: the current version is now compatible both with >2GB FS9.EXE AND with the MS CD protection. The only catch, if you "switch" between an standard FS9.EXE and a nocd one, you need to run the Addon Manager (or any of our scenery) installer again, so it will be able to detect the change of the EXE and install the right version.

- Other "DLL issues" people were having, weren't due to the Addon Manager. Instead, they were caused by a corrupted scenery.cfg file with thousand of random names instead of the (c) Copyright symbol in the title of some scenery areas. This was probably caused by *antother* product that act on the scenery.cfg, that can't deal with proper text encoding and saves back corrupted scenery.cfg files. This was always fixed by manually correcting the scenery.cfg. However, the *current* version of the Addon Manager that is online now and that everyone will automatically get the next time he'll launch any of our installers, is ALREADY fixed to DEFENDS itself from such corrupted scenery.cfg files.

- Remaining DLL problems are usually antivirus program faults (happens all the time, for example, with Flight1's wrapper as well), that usually gets fixed with the antivirus updates. Last week an AVG update mistakenly reported our DLL to be a virus, making it crashing. It was fixed by AVG in the next live update.