Author Topic: Taxilines missing  (Read 18828 times)

HHH

Taxilines missing
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:33:21 pm »
Hello!

First of all i am very happy because of the release of this beautiful scenery. You made my day.

The taxilnes between Terminal 1 and 2 and on TWY N are "missing". When i taxi down the taxiway the taxiline seems to "run away".

I added a screenshot so you can see what i mean.

I am using UT USA and GE too.

Oliver

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:35:26 pm by HHH »

mackintosh

Re: Taxilines missing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:55:19 pm »
I can sort of confirm this bug over here as well. "Sort of" because it's not that these taxiway lines are actually missing, it's that they disappear as the plane gets close to them. I've been experiencing this phenomena at various places around the airport (and when turning off runways). The taxiway markings simply disappear out of view.

Edit: I am, in fact, retarded and cannot read. I can confirm that it's happening here as well, as described above.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:57:45 pm by mackintosh »

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:56:42 pm »
Hi,

Check your FS9 for other scenery on same area of JFK, there is a flatten problem, this is the right visualization:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:02:30 pm by Alessandro »

mackintosh

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 11:27:03 pm »
Hi,

Check your FS9 for other scenery on same area of JFK, there is a flatten problem, this is the right visualization:

What do you mean by the same area of JFK? Same area in the scenery.cfg? Same area as in a scenery directly on top of JFK? I used to have Simflyers' JFK installed, but I removed it, along with the scenery.cfg entries for it. Nothing else here that would seem to impact JFK, other than Imaginesim's LGA and EWR, but surely you don't expect me to uninstall those? :)

HHH

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:56 pm »
Hi!

I disabled all of my addon sceneries except KJFK, but the issue is still there...  :-\

Oliver

bucifan

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:43:46 pm »
I remember a problem I had with Simflyer's KIAD. Even after I deleted it, I could not get another KIAD to display correctly. The problem turned out to be that the Simflyer KIAD flatten got placed in another scenery layer's properties. I opened up my scenery cfg and looked for any layer with a flatten in it. In the flatten are lat/long coordinates. The lat/long for KJFK is N40 38 W73 46. If you find a flatten with coordinates around these numbers, remove the flatten line. Make a copy of your scenery cfg first.

It's worth a look!

Rick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 11:47:56 pm »
What do you mean by the same area of JFK?

In the same geographical area.

I used to have Simflyers' JFK installed, but I removed it, along with the scenery.cfg entries for it

Some sceneries don't simply put files in their own folder, but they also put things in the general FS scenery folders. I don't know if this is the case for Simflyers JFK, but even if it's not, you still might have some files, usually leftovers from other installations (freeware sceneries often have manual install instructions an no installer/uninstaller) that still reside in the FS general folder, and might affect another scenery, even if their own scenery area has been removed. The very presence of a BGL in one of the main scenery folders might still affecting other sceneries.

I do recall also that Simflyers used flatten commands in the scenery.cfg, which is something that is not needed anymore in FS9 (it's an FS2002 technique). Check these as well.

Nothing else here that would seem to impact JFK, other than Imaginesim's LGA and EWR, but surely you don't expect me to uninstall those?

Assuming these don't put anything outside their own scenery folders, you might at least *try* to disable them in the scenery library. At least we KNOWN it's them. LGA is so close, that a conflict might be very possible.

sundance70

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 03:05:50 am »
Hello,

First of all a huge Thank you to FSDT for this amazing scenery.  I have read the threads concerning this problem and applied the suggestions (Disabling Imaginesim KLGA and KEWR) still not working.  I also have Areosoft Manhattan installed.  I have looked in my .CFG file for flatten entries but could not find anything.  I had previously Simflyer's KJFK a part of World airport 2 which I of course uninstalled (Deleted) before installing FSDT's KJFK.

I am not real good at troubleshooting but could use any further suggestions that would help resolve this problem that we are experiencing. Please see screenshot of what is happening below

Thank you for your valuable help in advance

David

Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

MHTripple7

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 03:24:29 am »
Hello,

First of all a huge Thank you to FSDT for this amazing scenery.  I have read the threads concerning this problem and applied the suggestions (Disabling Imaginesim KLGA and KEWR) still not working.  I also have Areosoft Manhattan installed.  I have looked in my .CFG file for flatten entries but could not find anything.  I had previously Simflyer's KJFK a part of World airport 2 which I of course uninstalled (Deleted) before installing FSDT's KJFK.

I am not real good at troubleshooting but could use any further suggestions that would help resolve this problem that we are experiencing. Please see screenshot of what is happening below

Thank you for your valuable help in advance

David

I am in the same situation as you....

sundance70

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »
Hello,

Still trying to figure out this issue and its like trying to find a needle in a haystack if in fact the culprit is .bgl file installed by another addon.  I removed every "flatten" line East of the Mississippi in my FS9 .cfg file and dissabled every addon scenery I have installed in the immediate area of KJFK (Aerosoft Manhattan, Imagine KEWR and KLGA), the problem is still not resolved. The lines appear and dissapear as I move around the airport.

Is my only alternative to uninstall FS9 and reload all of my addons since there is obviously a corrupt file?  When I got KORD from FSDT and installed after removing Simflyer KORD (World airport 2), I did not have this issue.

Getting frustrated but I understand with all the addons I currently have installed these problems are bound to occur.

If anyone has any suggestions that I can use before using drastic measures, please let me know.

Thank you

David

Please see another screenshot from another angle:

ECO ALC Cool IT system
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
Please see another screenshot from another angle:

Keep in mind that, with a screenshot from an altitude, some taxilines are intentionally missing, because of fps optmization, they are cut after a certain altitude and/or distance from the viewer. So, to be sure that what you are seeing is a conflict with another scenery and not how the scenery is designed to look, you need to go closer to the missing lines.

sundance70

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 04:43:01 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

Thank you for your reply.  Here is a closer look.  In addition, my FS9 settings.

Regards,

David

ECO ALC Cool IT system
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 04:49:42 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  Here's a closer look.  In addition, my FS9 settings

I'm sorry, but your problem is not related to your settings. You are quite close to the taxines, and that means they are not disappearing because of distance, but because of another scenery in this area that is still active.

As we said already, uninstalling a scenery or removing its folder and its entry in the Scenery Library (if the scenery doesn't have an Uninstaller), doesn't automatically guarantee that all files are removed.

If this scenery came with files that the readme said should be put in one of the main FS scenery folders, you need to find the actual BGL that belong to that scenery, and remove it manually, there's no other way. That's why we use a Uninstaller, that's why we don't put anything outside our scenery folder.

sundance70

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 04:58:29 pm »
Thanks Umberto - I will take another look at was installed in this immediate area and see if I can find that .BGL. I have a tool called FS Addon manager which I haven't used in a while and it may help me find the corrupt file or duplicates for the scenery.  I will try that.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Regards,

David
ECO ALC Cool IT system
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:43:45 pm »
I think you can rule out Laguardia... I have JFK below LGA in scenery priority, and I have no problems.   :)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock