Author Topic: AFCAD problem?  (Read 6203 times)

heffron91

AFCAD problem?
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:34:27 am »
Hello all,

I don't know if this is a problem, but I am not able to pick all present gates on Zurich (version 2.5.3) For example the gates on the south side of Terminal B and almost all D gates are not possible to choose through FSX neither does GSX detect them...

Thanks in advance,

Harm Swinkels

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:49:17 am »
You can first check which AFCAD is being used by GSX, with the "Customize parking positions" menu, the page that will open will indicate the name of the AFCAD in use.

It's not the one that comes with the scenery, there might be several reasons for this:

- There's another AFCAD for the same airport on an higher layer in the Scenery Library so, you must either remove it, or put your airport on an higher layer, then restart FSX to apply the changes.

- For some reason, GSX didn't detected you installed the scenery, so its scenery cache is outdated, in this case, try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And restart FSX, you should see both FSX and GSX rebuilding their scenery caches, the new scenery should work at the end of the process.

heffron91

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
Thank you for the fast reply. Will try this :)

Kind Regards,

Harm

heffron91

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »
GSX indicates the AFCAD is APX_LSZH.bgl from the ZurichX Scenery folder. Haven't done anything yet. Is this the wrong AFCAD?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:42:13 pm by heffron91 »

heffron91

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »
Opening the APX_LSZH.bgl after installing 2.5.5, it still shows the wrong gate numbers at B-terminal south side, and almost none D-parking spots are there. Also the smaller parkings at the A and B terminal are not present (e.g. A08 etc,).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:55:08 pm »
Opening the APX_LSZH.bgl after installing 2.5.5, it still shows the wrong gate numbers at B-terminal south side, and almost none D-parking spots are there. Also the smaller parkings at the A and B terminal are not present (e.g. A08 etc,).

What do you mean with "wrong gate numbers" ? Do you see something different between GSX and the FSX "Go To Airport" menu ? OR, you see them being equal, and "wrong" in relationship to the scenery ? Or, "wrong", in relationship to the real world ?

heffron91

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 08:57:29 am »
Sorry for being unclear. I meant actually compared to the real world, there are a lot of gates missing especially on parking D and C. But that might be planned for the next update (Phase 3?) I was a bit confused but it seems the Jeppesen charts say that Dock B south side has gate B38,36,34,32 but in reallife it happens to be B39 to B49 or so and therefore I thought they were wrong. My appologies for that. In that view they are not wrong. So it seems, I have the actual APX_LSZH? Gates in GSX do correspond to the gates i get in the airport menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:01:59 am »
In that view they are not wrong. So it seems, I have the actual APX_LSZH? Gates in GSX do correspond to the gates i get in the airport menu.

If GSX and FSX are in agreement, that means everything is working fine.