Author Topic: Ground details missing with my usual ZOOM setup  (Read 3093 times)

galenogarbe

Ground details missing with my usual ZOOM setup
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:25:47 pm »
Hi all FSDT crew,

I bought almost all sceneries one after one and I'm very happy with the quality and performance for all scenery, almost zero issue in all installed addoms NUT in Dallas KDFW I have a issue that is making me crazy: to be able to see the ground details and high def textures I need to zoom more than usual and this never happened in the other FSDT scenery I have.

I current zoom are a result of several hours of work fine tunning my 737NGX and EZDOC camera and I don't want to change just to support this scenery. Instead, can you give me some tip about how to fix this without to change my general setup considering that is working for ALL FSDT sceneries?

Best regards,

Galeno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground details missing with my usual ZOOM setup
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:17:39 pm »
This has been discussed on the forum several times: the scenery has been optimized to run with realistic zoom settings, which are around 0.60-0.70. This doesn't mean that you can't use wider settings, but in some places details will disappear because of the LOD optimization, which is related to the zoom setting so, we guarantee that if you use 0.70, everything should display. If you use a wider setting, it usually works, but not everywhere.

There's nothing you can do, this is not a bug, it's how the scenery has been designed. Perhaps we might do a patch to increase the usable zoom settings, because users might have more powerful PCs than compared to 2010 when KDFW was released.