Author Topic: Multiple couatl Processes Running?  (Read 5236 times)

FalconAF

Multiple couatl Processes Running?
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:22:48 pm »
I just purchased the JFK/ORD/Zurich "package" and installed them all into FSX (also downloaded and installed the GreystoneX).  When I run FSX now, I get 3 instances of the couatl process showing in the Process Tab in Task Manager.  Two of them are 25,000+ KB and one is about 1900 KB.  Is this normal?  Also, the User Manual said the couatl would be installed in the "ADDON" folder, which I assumed meant the default Addon Scenery folder in FSX.  It was installed in the "fsdreamteam" folder under the FSX directory in it's own "Couatl" sub-folder, which I'm guessing now is what the "ADDON" reference meant, correct?

Reason I ask is there is another problem.  When I exit FSX, they don't "quit running" in Task Manager.  Then if I try to shut down Windows XP, I get 3 separate "error messages" that say they are "not responding" and I eventually have to manually tell Windows to end them before the reboot or shutdown will proceed.

Something doesn't seem right about this.  Any information much appreciated.

Thanks!

FalconAF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple couatl Processes Running?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:30:49 pm »
No, this is not normal at all.

Can you check this ?

- Reboot

- Launch FSX

- After it loads the initial screen, quit FSX

- Open Task Manager, verify that both FSX.EXE and Couatl.exe processes quit.

- If FSX.EXE has closed and Couatl.exe hasn't, wait a little bit more

- If it's still running, then something must be wrong. You can, however, manually Terminate it, before launching FSX again, so it will not create another process.

FalconAF

Re: Multiple couatl Processes Running?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:32:37 pm »
OK, it's working now with only one instance of couatl.  Fixed it after a full system shutdown and reboot.  I'd been trying "soft" reboots and they hadn't changed anything.

Been trying to figure out why it happened in the first place, and the only thing that comes to mind is the possibility that when I purchased and installed all 4 sceneries at the same time, I do recall getting asked on the initial load of FSX to allow couatl to be "allowed to run" 3 times...once each for JFK, ORD, and Zurich.  Don't know if that maybe "confused" FSX or whatever.  Anyhow, the "cold reboot" seems to have solved everything.

Thanks for the assistance.

FalconAF