Author Topic: Sunken Vehicles  (Read 6083 times)

MrUnSavory

Sunken Vehicles
« on: January 06, 2014, 02:02:10 am »
Hello All,

I am hoping someone has an answer for me on this problem I seem to be having. I have looked all over the forum and didn't see any one else having it so figured I would ask.

I have just recently reinstalled my FSX as the previous install had gotten full of crude so figured the best way to clean it all up was reinstall. I am now having a problem with KORD where most of the service vehicles at the airport are half sunk into the tarmac. Never had this problem before and all my other FSDT airports function just fine.

I am wondering if it has to do with ORBX FTX Global as that is the only difference in my system since rebuild. Turning off airport vehicles does not help the problem as they still remain.

Thank You

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sunken Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:08:03 am »
I am wondering if it has to do with ORBX FTX Global as that is the only difference in my system since rebuild. Turning off airport vehicles does not help the problem as they still remain.

Then the obvious first test would be trying to turn if off to see the the problem goes away. I don't think it's FTX Global, because it has been out for a while, and nobody reported it so far.

The most common reason for floating/sunken AIs, is another AFCAD from another scenery that has changed the ground altitude. It might be a mesh, but the AFCAD always takes precedence over it.

MrUnSavory

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:45:35 am »
Thank you for the help Umberto. I used Airport Scanner and found a BGL file that was put in by ORBX Vector. I removed it and all is good now  ;)

captain911

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:37:08 am »
Hey, i got the same problem also. Plus some tug trucks with no wheels. I used to have orbx but i unistalled (i hope so cuz orbx its a little trick to completely unistalled). What is airport scanner? Btw all other airports from fsdt works fine...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
What is airport scanner?

Google for "FSX airport scanner". First hit.

Btw all other airports from fsdt works fine...

Which seems to indicate a conflict caused by another scenery at KORD only. However, you don't say which sim you use, and which vehicles are sunken and by how much.

All vehicles ? Just the GSX ones ?