Author Topic: Purchase without connection of gaming PC ...  (Read 7612 times)

DogStar

Purchase without connection of gaming PC ...
« on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:35 am »
Hi ...

I really admire the FSDreamteam - Products ... especially the new KJFK seems to be an absolute "must - have" to me.
Unfortunately my FS - machine is not connected to the internet.

Is there any possibility, to purchase via my Notebook (connected) and then transmitting/activating into my FS ?

thanks in advance

greetings

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Purchase without connection of gaming PC ...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:18:40 pm »
Once you have your serial number, you will need to activate it. To activate on a non-internet connected machine, you need to:

- Install the Trial on the other machine

- Select the "Register Serial" option and put your serial number there

- It will ask if you want to Activate, reply "Yes"

- If there's no internet connection, a dialog will ask you what to do, select "Offline"

- A Window will appear with 3 choices, select "Activate Using a Different Computer that has Web access"

- It will show a code called "Installation ID" related to this machine. Save this code and go to another PC with web access

- Go to http://activate.esellerate.net and type the Installation ID into the field. It should reply back with another long code. Save this code and return to the non-internet connected PC.

- Launch FS and wait again for the manual activation screen to come up. Now select "I already have an Activation Key and would like to Activate Now". Type the code you obtained from the web from the other PC, and it should activate.

DogStar

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:43:13 pm »
Thanks a lot Umberto, for Your quick and kind reply ...

if this works out, You got an other happy customer !!

EC-TLG

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:07:41 pm »

Hi Umberto,

Installing Offline Im getting a window about "Downloading aditional files" and I cannot cancel, only I can click on "Retry", What kind of files do I need ?? I cannot close that window  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 06:02:32 pm »
Installing Offline Im getting a window about "Downloading aditional files" and I cannot cancel, only I can click on "Retry", What kind of files do I need ?? I cannot close that window  ???

Can you please trying downloading the installer again ? We had an issue in the FS9 installer only, that failed to correctly detect an offline pc, stopping the installation. The updated version that is online now should hopefully work.

EC-TLG

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 06:29:54 pm »

Wilco! Thank you very much! I am so proud to fly "FSDreamTeam" products...

EC-TLG

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:17:43 pm »

Hello again Umberto,

Im downloaded and installed already, running FS9 I get: "ERROR cannot load bglman.dll..."  :-[ I press ok, but FSDreamTeam gone from the Menu Bar and all my FSDreamTeam products doens't load  :-[ (Chicago O'Hare, Zurich, none) and also Cloud9 series lik KLAX  :'(

What Can I do? By the way Im installed the latest Manager too... Im offline (temporal in those computer).

Thanks for help  ???

jgoggi

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 12:45:40 am »
Once you have your serial number, you will need to activate it. To activate on a non-internet connected machine, you need to:

- Install the Trial on the other machine

- Select the "Register Serial" option and put your serial number there

Umberto,
I have to install the scenery on the NOT internet-connected computer, don't I? Of course there is where I have FS installed.
Then I select "Register Serial", but what serial should I put there? I don't have any serial!
Thank you for your help!

James Goggi

thepilot

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 12:57:11 am »
The serial should have arrived via e-mail.
It looks like this:
"FSDTORDX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

Of course, if you have purchased JFK or ZRH, it won't read ORD.

jgoggi

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 09:50:13 am »
Via e-mail? I downloaded the trial and installed it but nowhere was written to provide my mail. Indeed I have received nothing in my mailbox. There is something I can't understand in this procedure  :(. Please, can you explain in details? Thank you very much.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:01 am »
Via e-mail? I downloaded the trial and installed it but nowhere was written to provide my mail.

If you just installed the Trial, it's fairly obvious you don't have any serial, and you weren't requested any email.

Your data will be requested only when you Buy the product. Since you don't have an Internet connection on the PC that you want to use the scenery with, you will need to purchase it from another PC that is connected. This will still need to have Flight Sim installed, though. From this PC, you follow a normal purchase procedure, and at the end you'll get an email with a serial. Save the email as a text file on something like a thumb drive (you only need to save the serial, it's the only thing that matters), open it on the non-internet connected PC, and follow the offline activation, as explained above.

jgoggi

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 02:43:42 pm »
Grazie per la pazienza, Umberto  ;)
Thank you, activation done!
Now I can takeoff from an land into wonderful FSdreamteam JFK!
James Goggi