Author Topic: Blurry scenery, and FS default Scenery  (Read 20998 times)

mpdpilot

Re: Blurry scenery, and FS default Scenery
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 01:06:38 am »
So is there anything I can do about the Defualt scenery coming through? THanks again for the help with the blurryness, I fixed that and it looks awesome!!

mpdpilot

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 02:12:29 am »
I opened the control panel for my nvidia card, but do not know where to find the anisotropic filtering.

Use the Advanced View, the Anisotropic filter, together with a lot of other settings, should be available.

OK so I am getting the feeling I am quite the novas. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 Video card, and I haven't the slightest clue how to adjust the anisotropic filtering.

janosch

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 02:56:22 pm »
Hi,

i'm also getting blurry textures for some parts of the scenery. The ground textures around the gates are great, high resolution and crystal clear. The same applies to all ground marks like taxi lines and stuff. But the ground textures around the runways and runways itself look very blurry. My graphic card (nVidia 8800GT) is aready tweaked for high quality AA and AF, that's definatley not the problem.

Would be great if the custom ground textures could be brought to the same visual quality the ground textures at the gates have! If this could be done the scenery would be perfect and even more stunning.

janosch

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 03:19:36 pm »
Would be great if the custom ground textures could be brought to the same visual quality the ground textures at the gates have! If this could be done the scenery would be perfect and even more stunning.

Alright, now I can see the misunderstanding. There are two separate issues here:

- One it's the blurred textures caused by lack of Anisotropic filtering and too low mipmap setting. This can be clearly fixed, as one user in this post reported.

- The other is the fact that the scenery has TWO layers, photoreal and detail.

The ground texture are optimized to be seen at a distance, while the detail is optimized for very close distance. It's their *combination* that give the impression of a ground texture with a resolution higher then it is.

If we had to cover the *whole* airport with a custom texture with a resolution optimized for close distance, it would have been so large that it wouldn't fit on any video card.

If we had to cover the *whole* airport with a 2nd *generic* detail layer, to give the illusion of added resolution, it would appeared too repetitive

So, there's (as always) a compromise: selected PARTS of the airport ground, where it matters (aprons, etc), have *custom* detail layer, so you get both the higher resolution, without the side effect of repetitions.

The only drawback, you can't have it on the whole airport.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:21:16 pm by virtuali »

janosch

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »
Hi,

thank you, i'll understand what you telling me and i'll understand that there always have to be compromises but can you consider enhancing only the taxi ways and the border of taxiways, it's really looking very blurry and unsharp!

thank you and kind regards

jan schreiber

[attachment deleted by admin]

Max

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 01:59:05 pm »
The problem of truncated shadow exposed in my 1st shot of KJFK is due to a small variation of altitude between texture and ground in your scenery. I found a solution.
Apply the flatten line (scenery.cfg) of the old Simflyers scenery to your scenery and it solves the shadow problem. Here's the line :

Flatten.0=13,N40 41.17,W73 48.39,N40 39.09,W73 43.84,N40 36.25,W73 46.09,N40 38.61,W73 51.22

I have the same problem with the shaddows. Where do I have to add this "Flatten.0=13,N40 41.17,W73 48.39,N40 39.09,W73 43.84,N40 36.25,W73 46.09,N40 38.61,W73 51.22" line?

Do you mean I have to add it in the scenery.cfg to this section:

"[Area.112]
Title=JFK
Layer=110
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=FsDreamTeam\JFK
Remote="

B777ER

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 10:07:58 pm »
Max,

Yes, add it to that entry (112)

FSDT,

I had the same issue as Emmanuel. The old simflyers flatten command cured it. Maybe the flatten bgl needs to be tweaked?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:17:18 pm by B777ER »
Eric