Author Topic: Stupid Question but I better ask...  (Read 3796 times)

Dillon

Stupid Question but I better ask...
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:26:52 am »
I noticed with the exception of Terminals 4, 6, and 7 none of the gates are numbered/marked at the various terminals.  How does a KLM flight or a Delta flight know what gate to pull up to if their not visually numbered?  Yes you can have in the cockpit documentation but usually gates are clearly numbered.   I also noticed in the AFCAD FedEx has no parking spots neither does Atlas/Polar Air.  Now I may have missed something with the AFCAD but concerning the parking spots one would think at such a congested airport things would be marked as clear as possible.  Even with charts a Northwest flight landed at a wrong airport in the Salt Lake City area.  Concerning KJFK with night operations I can't see how things aren't clearly marked yet the job get's done...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:25:56 am by Dillon »

Dillon

Re: Stupid Question but I better ask...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:36:43 am »
I did a top down look through Google Earth and found the American Airlines Terminal (T9) clearly have ground markings showing the numbered gates.  The only problem I see in FSDT's version is the AA regional gates don't have ground numbering... Delta and the International terminal (T1) clearly have no ground markings at least as far as I can see from Google Earth so they must be numbered on the side of the buildings (which is not present in FSDT's scenery)...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:28:06 am by Dillon »