Author Topic: no buildings  (Read 46970 times)

SEdge

Re: no buildings
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 03:36:06 pm »
would there be just jetways and taxi lines. cause thats what im dealing with.
                   -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 07:18:06 pm »
would there be just jetways and taxi lines. cause thats what im dealing with.

This happens if the Addon Manager is not running. It will not appear in the Addons menu, and it will not create 3d objects, leaving just jetways and ground lines.

If the Addon Mananger is not running, it usually because either the user hasn't installer FSX SP2 (or Accell. Pack, which is the same in this regard), or because another program, usually an antivirus, blocked it.

Another issue that surfaced recently, it seems that there might be some compatibility problems if the user has installed Visual Studio 2008, which apparently clash with our module, that is written with VS 2005 SP1

ingoke

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 09:22:36 pm »
Hello,

I´ve also experienced some problems today. After a long haul flight with destination KJFK I ended up with Terminal 4 not showing up except the jetways. Very strange. And some parts of the tower were also missing (the black parts). I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. After a reboot and restart of FSX everything was back to normal, but now the docking system didn´t work. So another reboot and another try and voilá, everything worked again. Can´t wait to see what happens next time  ;)...

Greetings from Germany.

Ingo

SEdge

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:43 am »
is there any way that i could manually put the files from sp2 into fsx without the use of the installer. my computer still wont let me install it. ive tried a lot. thanks again.
             -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:18 am »
is there any way that i could manually put the files from sp2 into fsx without the use of the installer. my computer still wont let me install it. ive tried a lot. thanks again.

Unfortunately, not. The SP2 installer is quite complex: it's not just copying files, is also updating several system libraries, the most important for us is the SP2 Simconnect, and it can't be installed without running the MS installer.

However, the very fact that you can't install FSX SP2, means you have other problems with FSX or (worse) with the whole Windows installation.

SEdge

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 12:32:18 am »
so should i try uninstalling fsx. would that help(hopefully)
         -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:21 am »
so should i try uninstalling fsx. would that help(hopefully)

Yes, it should probably work.

If you have addons with Uninstallers (like ours), it's best if you uninstall them all first.

Then, if you have FSX SP1, uninstall that one first, reboot, Uninstall FSX, reboot. Remove the FSX folder, if something is left, then you can start from scratch.

When reinstalling, don't install any addon, until you are finished with FSX + SP1 + SP2 and verifyed that everything is working.

SEdge

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 01:17:15 am »
okay thanks. its unistalling. i let you know what happens  and if i can install sp2. thank you.
          -Sean

SEdge

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:26 am »
still wont let me install service pack 2. any suggestions?
          -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 09:39:01 am »
still wont let me install service pack 2. any suggestions?

Do you have any kind of error message ?

SEdge

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:32 pm »
it says the system administrator has sent policies to prevent this installation. i dont understand why this machine would let me install fsx and sp1 but not sp2. thanks.
             -Sean

SEdge

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:49 pm »
it takes me to the screen with the readme and install or cancel options. and when i click on install it loads for about a minute then it just says system administrator set policies preveting the installation.
               -Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 11:37:49 pm »
it takes me to the screen with the readme and install or cancel options. and when i click on install it loads for about a minute then it just says system administrator set policies preveting the installation.

You can try running the SP2 setup as administrator. (right click on the EXE, select "Run as administrator"). If you are not logged as administrator, it will ask you user/password for an account with admin rights on your machine.

SEdge

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:24 am »
alright bear with me. ive right clicked everything related to the installation of this service pack and nothing has come up ragarding run as administrator. sorry.
            -Sean

Razgriz

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:49 am »
You should be on the administrator account on your computer.