Author Topic: no buildings  (Read 46991 times)

SEdge

no buildings
« on: September 19, 2008, 05:07:00 am »
okay so id love to buy your products   but nothing shows up.   no buildings  no terminals taxiways blotted out(but theyre visible when i go to top down view)    all but the jetways are visible. also the addon manager refuses to show up. This has also occured with my many attempts to purchase O'hare. i tried that experiment with putting simconnect.ini in my fsx files folder and all it says is     0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0         i run vista   im not sure if that has anything to do with it. please help.
             Congrats on JFK
                            -Sean

Razgriz

Re: no buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:42:26 am »
It sounds like a problem with the addon manager/sim connect.

baw192

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:33:25 am »
Hi,

I had the same problem when I installed it. I was able to solve it by running FSX as an admin. Then I was asked if I trust virtuali software or somethng like that. After answering that with yes, the buildings showed up.

Hope this helped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:22:38 pm »
0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

It looks like you are still on SP1. As per system requirements on the product page, JFK requires either SP2 or Acceleration Pack installed.

If you installed any of these two, and your Simconnect is still at 61242, your FSX installation might be messed up, should be possible to fix it with a repair.

GarethW

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:44:04 pm »
Hi, I installed JFK to evaluate. No buildings showed up even though I validated all run requests. I decided to uninstall as I have a rule now that since flight simulator troubleshooting is a rabid time killer if it doesn't do what it says it will do I remove and move on.

So I uninstalled and then my problems began. It was 'tricky'. It asked if I wanted to uninstall Addon Manager (who asked for Addon Manager?) and then something called 'couatl' (with no explanation as it what it is, or its function). For now, I replied negative to both.

Now a couatl error window pops up every time I start FSX. I am sole user and administrator of my PC and also a retired PC Tech. Couatl resides in FSX\fdreamteam\ but permission to remove is denied whatever permissions exist! This is not on. Removing all references to couatl in the Registry makes no difference. So, effectively my innocent desire to check out a new product JFK has already wasted a lot of my time. I rest my case.

I would appreciate an early from fsdreamteam as to how to eradicate this nuisance Couatl error. BTW I have tried re-installing JFK in the hope that the uninstall will allow me to remove the Couatl programme but it will not re-install, detecting a different error. The Couatl error popup refers me to an 'enigmaprotector' email address. I think fsdreamteam may prefer to provide a solution.

Regards

Gareth

PS I use FSX Sp2

GarethW

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:08:05 pm »
Don't worry I sorted it thanks. By ignoring all the many overwrite errors I managed to re-install JFK and uninstall took out Addon manager and Couatl for me. I now recall Addon Manager also caused me untold grief some years ago in the the way that it took up residence on my PC and exerted control over options I felt rightly belonged to me. Still, I am aware of the rationale in favour of Addon Manager and if it works for folks, good luck to them.

Interestingly I could find no helpful technical references to Couatl on the web but it is described by Wikipedia as a Dungeons & Dragons serpentine creature that is always 'lawful, good'.  I really wouldn't know about that as I'm not into violent, demonic games like D&G. To me they are more of a nightmare than a dream, but then each to his own. Who has the time for D&G and FSX!?

Happy landings all

Gareth

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:27:59 pm »
All right, I've edited my post, since you seem to have sorted it out.

However, if you had a look at the manual, there's also an explanation about the meaning of that name. Couatl is not just a D&D creature, but it is a creature half-snake, half-bird from ancient Aztec mythology. Since Couatl.exe is a scripting engine based on the Python programming language for a Flight Simulator, we tought that a reference to a "Flying Snake" might have been nice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:51:39 pm by virtuali »

ganesh

• Administrator
  • Developer of Couatl
    • Gamecentric
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:19:57 pm »
I would appreciate an early from fsdreamteam as to how to eradicate this nuisance Couatl error. BTW I have tried re-installing JFK in the hope that the uninstall will allow me to remove the Couatl programme but it will not re-install, detecting a different error. The Couatl error popup refers me to an 'enigmaprotector' email address. I think fsdreamteam may prefer to provide a solution.

Just out of curiousity, do you remember the exact error message that Couatl was showing? It might be helpful for me to know more about it.

Ganesh
Developer of Couatl
Ganesh
Developer of Couatl

mickthebike

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »
Same here. No buildings in JFK and Zurich.

Several installs failed. As normal user than as admin, online & offline.

I downloaded ~300MB so i expect it to work.

What shall I do? Vista64 & FSX with SP2. No error messages, no messages at all...simply no buildings.

Thanks Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 06:27:39 pm »
Several installs failed. As normal user than as admin, online & offline.

What do you mean by "installs failed" ? Have you got some errors messages during installation ? If yes, it's normal you don't see anything because, if the installer encounters issues, usually because of either your scenery.cfg or dll.xml files that were already corrupted before the installation, the installer will notify that, and will stop the installation, rolling back all files as if you haven't installed anything.

I downloaded ~300MB so i expect it to work.

Of course it work, otherwise you wouldn't much positive comments as we had until now (note that on support forums, you usually see only problem reports, but we are getting a lot of positive feedback instead)

No error messages, no messages at all...simply no buildings.

No messages at all, is not normal.

Assuming the installer completed successfully, when you first launch FSX, you SHOULD see TWO confirmation requests, one for the Addon Manager, and one for the Couatl engine. You have to reply Yes to both, this is also explained on the manual, with screenshots that will show you how the messages should look like.

If you haven't see these confirmation messages, maybe you encountered the dreaded Windows "lockdown policy" problem, that prevents any new executable to be trusted. There's a solution for this, please confirm this is the case.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 06:46:59 pm »
I have installed KJFK for Vista/FSX and got no error messages at all. However, no matter what I fiddle with in FSX.Options.Settings.Display, I cannot see any buildings. Just lots of jetways from which passengers would fall to their deaths :o

What to do?
Regards, Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 07:09:54 pm »
I have installed KJFK for Vista/FSX and got no error messages at all.

Alright, no error message but, as I've asked to the other poster, have you got the Windows confirmation request to trust the modules ? If you have, you need to trust them both, in Windows and in FSX, then exit from FSX (because sometimes it doesn't accept new trusted modules the first time it launches them) and launching it again.

If you haven't seen any messages at all, that's an entirely different issue that might require a different type of diagnosis.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 07:12:47 pm »
Apologies Umberto, I meant that I have had no ERROR messages. I have answered YES to the 2 trust questions. I have restarted FSX, fiddled with the display parameters but see no buildings. I also do not see the ADD-on Manager listed under Add Ons tab.
Cheers, Richard

jacob123

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 07:32:34 pm »
I have also installed JFK for fsx/sp2 using xp and none of the buildings or the addon manger showed up. Before JFK I had O'Hare installed and everything worked well but I did have the same problem for Zurich as I did in JFK. After each install I ahd no errors and I have trusted the modules and I have also installed the MS Visual C++ again. I looked at this post from a while ago:    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=238.0    and I have the same problem as the user Mickey. Why is that O'Hare works fine but Zurich and JFK don't?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:16 pm »
I looked at this post from a while ago

Information for that posts are now obsolete, because the new installers are always getting the very latest version of the files from the internet.

that O'Hare works fine but Zurich and JFK don't?

The 3 sceneries works perfectly together, it's just that you need to be sure you are using the most current versions for all of them. If in doubt, re-download their installers again.