Author Topic: a small question  (Read 15718 times)

Alex

a small question
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:15:57 am »
maybe it's just me, but how do I get the AI a/cs to fly the canarsie approach? I've read through the manual and followed the instructions. The wind has been set to 130 degrees at a moderate strength, but the a/cs only fly visual approaches, straight in, and not following the canarsie procedure. Could this just be happening on my computer or is anybody else experiencing the same "issue"?

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: a small question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:20:10 am »
In FS9, we noticed that, even if you change the wind, the ATC will not udpate the runways in use. You need to reset the AI traffic. It's possible to do that in two ways: either go to the World->Airport menu and select JFK again, or simply put your time acceleration to 8x and then immediately back to 1x. Either action will trigger a whole AI reload, putting the runways in use.

However, it might well be we mis-matched the approach files in the FS9 version...we'll check it as soon as possible. You can verify this by using the default GPS and see if the Canarsie path is displayed for the 13L approach.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:05 am »
In FS9, we noticed that, even if you change the wind, the ATC will not udpate the runways in use. You need to reset the AI traffic. It's possible to do that in two ways: either go to the World->Airport menu and select JFK again, or simply put your time acceleration to 8x and then immediately back to 1x. Either action will trigger a whole AI reload, putting the runways in use.

However, it might well be we mis-matched the approach files in the FS9 version...we'll check it as soon as possible. You can verify this by using the default GPS and see if the Canarsie path is displayed for the 13L approach.

The 13s are in use, but the aircrafts are doing straight in visual approaches coming in over manhattan from the northwest, as opposed to from the west. Still trying to find a solution, maybe it's just a fault from my part.

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:17 am »
Check the approach to 13L on the GPS. It's is not drawing the Canarsie approach, is nothing wrong on your side, and we maybe included the wrong AFCAD in the installer.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:44:34 am »
I tried both the canarsie bgl and the ils bgl, and then checked the gps and the approach paths; the strange thing is that with both of the bgls, only the ils paths are shown on the gps.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:32:00 am »
Check the approach to 13L on the GPS. It's is not drawing the Canarsie approach, is nothing wrong on your side, and we maybe included the wrong AFCAD in the installer.

Hi Umberto

The afcad with the 3 little runways is there... and the afcad with crosswind runways has the 3 little runways as well. Did you change something or the appr_kjfk.bgl is the wrong one?

harpsi

Alex

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:14 pm »
Any new info regarding this topic?
 :)
Alex

Edit: Am I the only one experiencing this?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:18:36 pm by fulano »

Sekhet

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »
I can confirm that the Canarsie approach is not drawing on the GPS with either of the approach AFCADs.
They both seem to the same and for the straight in approach.
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 05:51:47 pm »
I can confirm that the Canarsie approach is not drawing on the GPS with either of the approach AFCADs.

That's odd...this is what I see on the FS9 default GPS.

Maybe there's another AFCAD with approaches that is taking higher priority ? It might be useful to check with an AFCAD utility, like ADE or AFCAD, and see how many files for KJFK you have.

[attachment deleted by admin]

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 06:24:05 pm »
I have one afcad, the one with crosswind runways which should work with the canarsie approach. For the appr_kfjk.bgl file I don´t know what file I have. It is the one which comes with the setup.

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 06:28:40 pm »
For the appr_kfjk.bgl file I don´t know what file I have. It is the one which comes with the setup

My screenshot is taken just after the default installation for JFK, without touching anything.

Alex

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 06:44:44 pm »

That's odd...this is what I see on the FS9 default GPS.

Maybe there's another AFCAD with approaches that is taking higher priority ? It might be useful to check with an AFCAD utility, like ADE or AFCAD, and see how many files for KJFK you have.

As it turns out I can get the same approach path visible on the gps, but my problem is that the AI won't follow that approach path. Instead, they always seem to do a straight in visual approach from the northwest. Am I missing something? I've tried changing the weather, low visibility, strong winds etc, but they still do visual approaches. I uninstalled the scenery, redownloaded it and reinstalled it but it keeps turning out the same way. I've removed any additional files that could have interfered with the afcad(the ones from the simflyer scenery, removed both the scenery and the afcad)

MHTripple7

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:21:33 pm »
As it turns out I can get the same approach path visible on the gps, but my problem is that the AI won't follow that approach path. Instead, they always seem to do a straight in visual approach from the northwest. Am I missing something? I've tried changing the weather, low visibility, strong winds etc, but they still do visual approaches. I uninstalled the scenery, redownloaded it and reinstalled it but it keeps turning out the same way. I've removed any additional files that could have interfered with the afcad(the ones from the simflyer scenery, removed both the scenery and the afcad)

Same for me. I get the approach in the GPS, however, the AI traffic flies a strait in visual approach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 01:04:07 am »
Found the problem, look for the post on top of this section, with the updated file.

Sekhet

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 01:41:36 am »
Ok, I had another KFJK afcad that was preventing the approach from showing on the GPS ::) and the new file you posted fixed the AI.  Thank you for the quick response Umberto! :D
Cris B.
Capt. (Retired)

“There is a big difference between a pilot and an aviator.  One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.”  - Elrey Jeppesen