Author Topic: Where did KORD go?  (Read 9757 times)

ccourtney

Where did KORD go?
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »
When I load FS9 after installing JFK I get this message:

You have an old version of Chicago O'hare

Please download the new version at FSDreamteam.com

The scenery will not be displayed.

And its not.  What do I do? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Where did KORD go?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:50:19 pm »
What do I do? 

Doing What the program suggested ?

"Please download the new version at FSDreamteam.com"

ccourtney

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:25:29 pm »
Duh!  Thanks for the quick response.  I had just never see that before. 

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:21:18 pm »
Hi all,

After spending virtually all day yesterday, installing and activating KJFK, (with a lot of help from Umberto) i might add.
To-day I did a flight KJFK - KORD, only to find when I arrived all I could see was the runways, plus the message flashed up "Scenery protection activated - AES shut down". No buildings,taxiways or anything.
Now KORD did show prior to KJFK being installed, but I did get the message "You have an old version of KORD - please update" Which I did.
AFCAD 2.2 shows the airport and its properties are FSDream.
My scenery.cfg is as follows :-
[area.228]
Title=Ohare
Layer=228
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=FsDreamTeam\Ohare
Remote=
[area.229]

Any ideas as I seem to have gained KJFK at the expense of KORD
Regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 07:35:44 pm »
plus the message flashed up "Scenery protection activated - AES shut down". No buildings,taxiways or anything. Now KORD did show prior to KJFK being installed, but I did get the message "You have an old version of KORD - please update" Which I did.

If you have seen that message, it means your AES was not updated as well. Or the opposite, you had AES already updated, but not KORD. They need to go together. If  you are using the current version of KORD, you need to use AES at least 1.96. Conversely, if you have an old version of KORD, AES from 1.96 onward will complain. So, basically, either you udpate both, or none at all. But in the last cast, JFK wouldn't work.

Bottom line: You have to use the current version of KORD. And you have to use the current version of AES ( or at least 1.96 minimum). They are both guaranteed to work with JFK. If you aren't sure which version of KORD you have, redownload its installer again.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:24:14 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Once again the response is breathtaking.

I have just checked, I do have AES 1.96 installed and as I mentioned was prompted to re-download KORD after the installation of KJFK.

You mention that AES 1.96 works  for KJFK, how is this, as KJFK does not appear in the list of airports that can be activated on the AES airport activation screen?

To summarise it appears to me that I meet the criteria for KORD as mentioned in your reply.

Many regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 08:57:24 pm »
I have just checked, I do have AES 1.96 installed and as I mentioned was prompted to re-download KORD after the installation of KJFK.

I said that at a certain point you must have have had an old version of AES or an old version of KORD. This is confirmed by the fact that you got both an "old KORD scenery" message from the Addon Manager, and a similar message from AES.

I guarantee that, with the most current versions of both program, this doesn't happens.

You mention that AES 1.96 works  for KJFK, how is this, as KJFK does not appear in the list of airports that can be activated on the AES airport activation screen?

Sorry, I think there's misuderstanding. I said that KORD+AES works together with KJFK installed without any issues (provided you are using the current versions), NOT that there's AES *support* in KJFK, which is entirely different. There will be an AES update for KJFK, but it hasn't released yet, and you will need to purchase credit for it from Aerosoft.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:25:59 pm »
Hi,

Now I am confused.
Chronological series of events are :- Base pack AES 1.96 installed 20/03/08 approx

Chicago 15/03/08

Both ran OK,

Install KJFK 21/09/08  told to upgrade KORD, did so,now problems.

Now I do not know what to do, I have gained one scenery and lost an other :-(

Regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:31:57 pm »
Install KJFK 21/09/08  told to upgrade KORD, did so,now problems.

The only explanation I have, is that you are somehow confusing the O'Hare installer you download in March with the one you download now. I can only confirm that the current version of O'Hare works with JFK.

Check if the installer 73.592.148 bytes big.

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:46:51 pm »
Hi again,

Problem resolved.
Just on the off chance, went to Aerosoft web and noticed that AES Vers 1.97 was available.
This I downloaded and installed and on booting up FS9 and going to KORD the scenery is back along with AES.
Conclusion drawn is that your latest version of KORD which I downloaded yesterday will not work with AES Vers 1.96 but needs Vers 1.97.
Not gone back to KJFK to see if that is still there yet, fingers crossed it is :-)

Regards JohnT

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:07:41 pm »
Hi,

Just an after thought, maybe the order in which they are installed comes into play i.e. upgrade KORD first then AES?

Regards JohnT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 10:17:17 pm »
Just an after thought, maybe the order in which they are installed comes into play i.e. upgrade KORD first then AES?

It shouldn't. Perhaps is just something that Oliver fixed in 1.97. From what we always knew, 1.96 should have been enough (1.95 certainly not), but it doesn't hurt to keep everything always updated.

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 10:46:56 pm »
Enough for one day, good night.

Regards JohnT