Author Topic: Problems with Bergen  (Read 11236 times)

soundrats

Problems with Bergen
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »
Maybe somebody knows what is causing this problem?
To be sure I put ENBR on the top of my scenerie list. I use UTX Europe.
Kind Regards Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with Bergen
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:36:57 am »
Have you tried disabling UTX Europe ?

soundrats

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:25:40 am »

Yes I am still investigating. I got a new terrain.cfg and add peace by piece. It seems that indeed FTX Global what was deinstalled is causing the problem. With the new terrain.cfg (the modifeid one by ACE NickN) and UTX the problem is gone.  I reinstalled FTX Global Problem is there again. I installed another FTX so that I can disable FTX Global - problem gone. If I go to FTX Hybrid which covers all - problem again.
So I really think it is caused by FTX Global - I will discuss it with them and report back if I get a solution from them.
Thank you Kind Regards Tom

soundrats

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:48:48 pm »
Ok after a lot of investigation I am still not sure what is causing the problem, is it UTX Europe, FTX Global or the combination of both. I am very sure that it is not the scenery itself. So I come back with my question if anybody knows what to do. ENBR scenery is still above FTX Global and UTX Europe.
Thnx for any help. Kind Regards Tom

soundrats

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:57:40 pm »

Hello,
as I said disabling UTX does not change anything, but if I disable Cloud9 ENBR the problem is gone. So there must be an inteference between your scenry and the others. Please come back to this topic and try to help solving the problem.
Kind Regards Tom
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:37:50 pm by soundrats »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »
as I said disabling UTX does not change anything, but if I disable Cloud9 ENBR the problem is gone.

You said:

is it UTX Europe, FTX Global or the combination of both

So, why you disabled Cloud9, if you found the problem was one of them or a combination of them ? The first obvious test would be trying to disable ALL of them, and leave JUST the airport alone, with the default scenery.

Note that, it might not be enough to just disable such sceneries. If they modified the default scenery, you will probably have to select their options (if there is one) to restore the default FSX files.

Then, after you assessed that, when everything is default, Cloud9 ENBR works normally (which is 100% sure since nobody else reported this problem in the 7 years the scenery was out), you can then start re-enabling the other sceneries, one by one, until you will find the culprit.

soundrats

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 02:54:05 pm »
as I said disabling UTX does not change anything, but if I disable Cloud9 ENBR the problem is gone.

You said:

is it UTX Europe, FTX Global or the combination of both

So, why you disabled Cloud9, if you found the problem was one of them or a combination of them ? The first obvious test would be trying to disable ALL of them, and leave JUST the airport alone, with the default scenery.

Note that, it might not be enough to just disable such sceneries. If they modified the default scenery, you will probably have to select their options (if there is one) to restore the default FSX files.

Then, after you assessed that, when everything is default, Cloud9 ENBR works normally (which is 100% sure since nobody else reported this problem in the 7 years the scenery was out), you can then start re-enabling the other sceneries, one by one, until you will find the culprit.

:) Of course if there is nothing but Cloud9 ENBR it should be normal - but we talk about FSX a software what is very aged and default is more then outdated in 2013/14. Therefore I need help to find the problem. I already brought it back to default. and did the reinstall again. But it was not possible to find the solution this way. So I disabled ENBR to see if the problem is still there without Cloud9 ENBR. And it was gone. My logic (not necessary FSX logic) tells me that there must something in ENBR which is interfering with FTX Global and UTX. Maybe it is only a terrain entry..? Cause I tested what happens if I take a terrain.cfg without FTX entries. Then the problem was gone. As I am not a scenery expert, my Job is sound design in movie business I ask you and the scenery experts around where to look. That is my intention and I appreciate any help.
Kind Regards and Merry Xmas, Schöne Weihnachten, Buon Natale in Italy Tom 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »
Of course if there is nothing but Cloud9 ENBR it should be normal - but we talk about FSX a software what is very aged and default is more then outdated in 2013/14. Therefore I need help to find the problem. I already brought it back to default. and did the reinstall again. But it was not possible to find the solution this way. So I disabled ENBR to see if the problem is still there without Cloud9 ENBR. And it was gone.

You still haven't replied to my question: does ENBR works WITHOUT such other add-ons ?

My logic (not necessary FSX logic) tells me that there must something in ENBR which is interfering with FTX Global and UTX.

If the above answer (which likely is) is Yes, then the logic is, instead, that something in FTX or the other addons is interfering with Cloud9 ENBR, not the other way around.

There are countless of forum threads about FTX causing issues to other sceneries, you surely can't expect that every scenery developer out there would revisit his sceneries, especially those dating back 7 years ago, just because a new terrain add-on has been released. FTX is the new product, it's *their* responsibility to check and eventually fix compatibility with existing products.

Again, assuming ENBR works with FTX disabled (assuming FTX is the problem), you could easily see it this way:

- You have a scenery installed ( Cloud9 ENBR ), which obviously worked since 2007

- You installed a new scenery, this creates problems to your previously working Cloud9 ENBR

- If you disable this new scenery, the problem goes away

Logic would dictate you should report this on that developer forum. When we release a new scenery, if we create issues with other EXISTING products, users expects we check compatibility and fix them from our side, I hope the same logic is valid the other way around, when our scenery is the existing and established one.

soundrats

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »
Thnx yes I know, but I am not looking who is guilty, I have this discussion also in FTX forum and on AVSIM - I try to find a solution which is neither disabling ENBR neither disabling FTX Global or/and UTX. I am not expecting that any developper knows what causes problems but I think he knows much better where to look then me. That´s why I ask. If you do not find yourself capable to help in this problem - not good for me but understandable. I hoped for try this or try that.... Kind Regards Tom
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:55:34 pm by virtuali »