Author Topic: ParkMe™  (Read 19508 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ParkMe™
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:08 am »
It might be a good idea to come up with a way for the user to add them by themselves, I think it would get a bit annoying for you to keep having to add planes and such.

This would be quite tricky, because to add additional recognized models, an re-export from Gmax/3DS of the original docking 3d model is needed, the docking textures needs to be reworked for the new airplane sign, and an upgrade of the Python source code for that Docking model is needed as well.

But, is something that we'll have to do anyway, considering that ParkMe will evolve into a full-blown product in the future, so we should be able to support as many a/c types as possible.

The good news is, we are entirely indipendent from the a/c modelers. We just detect the front wheel position, and make calculations starting from that. So, as long the airplane is modeled correctly and has an airplane.cfg without positioning errors, we can support it.

P.S.
What do you think of the ParkMe evaluation ? Do you find the tolerance to be too difficult ? too easy ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:29:42 am by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 04:42:46 am »
Here is what I think.

Very nice feature, very cool with the You control with the A380!!! That was too cool seeing all three jetways come up to the plane!!! The parkme feature is very cool, the start of something new and revolutionary since it is coming from your new engine thing. I did have an issue with it tho, very small very tolerable, I would click on next page, and the window would dissappear, idk if other people are having that issue or not, but I thought Id mention it. I think for most people that the difficulty with the Park me is very good, very easy, easy to understand, and easy to follow. Very neat/new/cutting edge/opening new window type of thing!

Now on to a scenery aspect, it is very good, amazingly detailed. I get rather lousy fps tho. But that is because I have my settings at medium-high for some and 100% ai airport vehicles and traffic. The way I look at the ai, is why have it installed if you dont use it all. But fps is still better than default.

My hat goes off to you guys!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:46:45 am by bkircher »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »
When the update is ready for the new planes in Parkme, where will we be able to download it?

FSXForever

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 08:54:00 pm »
Is it possible for you to ever add it to Chicago?

Razgriz

Re: ParkMe?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 09:38:20 pm »
They said maybe, but its possible. Can it be used with dual also? I dont use the a380.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:41:50 pm »
When the update is ready for the new planes in Parkme, where will we be able to download it?

Initially, it might simply easier to post them on this forum, because they are really small. Of corse, we'll put it in the full installer as well.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:45:28 pm »
Ok cool. Was just wondering.

Razgriz

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:38 pm »
The SafeGate parking is not working for me, its blank.  I'll get a screenshot in a minute.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 10:11:18 pm »
Has that update come out for the parkme?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 12:39:00 am »
Has that update come out for the parkme?

There's an update to the Couatl engine executable, that should fix the issue of double couatl.exe processes when FSX was closed and re-opened too quickly. To get this, just the JFK installer again.

We are working on an update to add new airplane models, should be available maybe next week.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 01:47:47 am »
OK cool, thanks!