Author Topic: ParkMe™  (Read 19559 times)

Razgriz

ParkMe™
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:21:27 am »
How do you open the menu?  Is it in the addon list?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ParkMe™
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:28:50 am »
CTRL+Shift+P, it's on the manual...

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:30:24 am »
I'm in such a hurry to check it out.  I can't even load it when it says Trial has started, it just locks up.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:41:19 am »
SO I was told to park at G2, that isnt listed in Parkme.

Razgriz

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:00 am »
Mine loaded, it takes a while the first time.  Hotel 1 wasn't on ParkMe™ either.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:49 am »
Also the posky crj 700 doesnt seem to work with it. Is there a way for the user to add aircraft to it? U need to add the option for E190s to work too. E190s from wilco.

Razgriz

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:54 am »
.../SimObjects/Airplanes/Posky CRJ/aircraft.cfg

Make sure in the title it says CRJ900 or CRJ-900, get virtuali to confirm. 
[fltsim.0]
title=Project Opensky CRJ900 CRJ-900 <repaint>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 03:54:37 am »
ParkMe in this release only lists gates that have an A-VDGS docking system, mainly at Terminals 4 and 5.

In fact, ParkMe is actually a separate product, that will be probably put on sale in the future and right now includes support for KJFK. We are able to update both the JFK implementation of ParkMe, and the ParkMe capabilities as well, providing new kind of parking-assistance methods, ranging from different models of Docking systems but also marshallers, etc. The principle is the same.

All our future airports will include a free ParkMe implementation for that airport, but we are able to create ParkMe files for other airports as well. We are also discussing about retro-fitting our other sceneries (especially Zurich, that has lots of docking gates) to the ParkMe technology, which is of course much better than any other similar system we used in the past.

If you want to compare our ParkMe docking system, with the real one, here's a video:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8dDI8pz8k

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 04:00:03 am »
Ok I see!! Thanks for that video. Very cool!

Razgriz

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 04:01:11 am »
That's amazing.

Virtuali, your scenery is amazing.  In FSX I had 25FPS avg at JFK, now I have 40!!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 04:01:46 am »
Make sure in the title it says CRJ900 or CRJ-900, get virtuali to confirm.

Sorry, CRJ-900 is not supported. CRJ-200, 700 are...the manual has a list with airplane models supported. If you have suggestions about missing models you would like to see, it might be helpful to know.

And yes, the "Title" is the relevant info we need to identity the plane, it should ideally include the model number. For example, if you have a 747 that is titled like: "My big fat 4-engine jet from Boeing", ParkMe will not be able to identify it. The system uses regular expression syntax to parse the title so, it should be smart enough to identify something like B747, B 747 or B-747 or Boeing 747 or PMDG 747, etc.

In any case, if you have a sample of an airplane that should be supported, because it's on the manual list of recognized types, but is not recognized, please post the title here, we might be adjust our parser to find it.

The good news is that ParkMe files are *very* small so, it's really easy to keep updating those without requiring to distribute the whole installer.

Razgriz

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:04:27 am »
Haha Big Fat 4-engine jet by boeing.  XD!

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:06:08 am »
Will the CRJ9 be supported later on? I know that US Airways flies them into JFK I also think that Delta flies them in to JFK as well. What about the Embraer 190s? Jetblue obviously has them and they obviously park in T5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 04:10:35 am »
Will the CRJ9 be supported later on? I know that US Airways flies them into JFK I also think that Delta flies them in to JFK as well. What about the Embraer 190s? Jetblue obviously has them and they obviously park in T5

Yes, no problem. It's very easy to add a new airplane model, just make a whish lists of what you would like to see and is not yet included in the list on the manual.

I'll start it:

CRJ-900
E-190

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 04:16:43 am »
Ok thanks. For the CRJ 900, posky is releasing theirs new one in the near future, idk when, but better to do it now than later. Idk if the model maker makes a difference, but the E190 would be by wilco/feelthere.

Thanks very much. Also. It might be a good idea to come up with a way for the user to add them by themselves, I think it would get a bit annoying for you to keep having to add planes and such.

Thanks again