Author Topic: is this activation message from XPOI?  (Read 4612 times)

Tozzifan

is this activation message from XPOI?
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:44:46 pm »
Hi,
I've upgraded my OS drive to a faster one, cloning the former; FSX is on another drive

now, after launching FSX, a ten fields dialog window from eSellerate tells me to activate something unspecified, with a code which does not resemble the serial I have from the purchase I made (order number: STxxxxxxx
placed 9/25/2012 7:44:47 AM)

- if I choose the direct webpage activation option, the page load with an "error"
- canceling the activation, I've found that GSX and KLAX are correctly activated and installed, while XPOI seems to be in trial mode (as a matter of fact the landmarks are not displayed anymore)
- uninstalling and reinstalling is not resolving the issue
- trying to reenter the serial from inside FSX, leads to the same activation window

please, what do I have to do? what am I missing?

thanks

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:24:49 pm by virtuali »
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: is this activation message from XPOI?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 05:29:14 pm »
I've upgraded my OS drive to a faster one, cloning the former; FSX is on another drive

As explained on many threads, and on the sticky here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,4082.0.html

Whenever you plan to change your hardware, always DEACTIVATE first, so you'll be sure you won't consume an activation.

now, after launching FSX, a ten fields dialog window from eSellerate tells me to activate something unspecified, with a code which does not resemble the serial I have from the purchase I made[ (order number: STxxxxxxx placed 9/25/2012 7:44:47 AM)

You should never post your order number in a public forum, because someone that knows you email could steal your Serial Number. I've edited the order number here.

- if I choose the direct webpage activation option, the page load with an "error"

We got word just *now* that Esellerate has a server down, the store is down and it's probably affecting the activation too, and they are working to restore the service.

please, what do I have to do? what am I missing?

Just wait until the activation will work without errors.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:09:05 pm by virtuali »

Tozzifan

Re: is this activation message from XPOI?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »
thanks again, yet please consider that it's not easy to remember, every time a part of hardware is being changed, what has to be done to mantain efficient every addon installation

my opinion is that I slightly prefer, with smallest addons, the uninstall/reinstall way (deactivation included), more intuitive about the solution to take

in my case, four examples of different behaviour (so far experienced, .... always better than reinstalling a 400GbFSX):

LevelD767 blocked FSX and told me that I had to reinstall from scratch
ActiveSky2012 reactivated all by itself
EZCamera, needed its folder to be deleted and to reload over from wrapper, to mantain customization
XPOI had its own way, with server troubleshooting

if then we consider all businesses of life ... we might suffer from shortage of personal RAM  :)

my feedback
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:38:15 pm by Tozzifan »
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1