Author Topic: Net framework error **SOLVED not a GSX problem**  (Read 2982 times)

madhattr15

Net framework error **SOLVED not a GSX problem**
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:47:28 am »
I installed GSX demo and whe I started FSX it aborted and I got an error window "net framework exception. I uninstalled GSX and now when I use a default plane I get the same error but not with my VA planes?????
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:01:45 pm by virtuali »

madhattr15

Re: GSX net framework error
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:51:31 am »
I sorry I'm running Windows 8

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:48 am »
It's not possible this error could have anything to do with GSX. None of our software installs, use, is depending from or has any relationship with, the .NET framework, not even our installers. Our software modules are written entirely in C++ native un-managed code, with no relationship whatsoever with .NET, any version of it, the one and only system libraries we rely on, are the VC++ runtime libraries, which are also used by FSX itself.

Instead, there are *lots* of other FSX 3rd party add-ons that use .NET framework so, that error is coming from one of them. The .NET exceptions usually have a dialog that allows you to see error details, so it should be possible to see which program has caused it.

madhattr15

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:45 am »
Thanks for your quick reply, upon further investigation from your sugestion I found another program causing the problem. Thank you very much for your help on an unrelated problem. Great support.