Author Topic: AFCAD discussions  (Read 75323 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
AFCAD discussions
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:34:59 am »
Hi,

This topic will handle all the afcad discussions from now on.
If you want to see your AIs using all runways, then you must get the file below. ;)

About the file itself and in my opinion, JFK would need two afcad files if you want to contemplate all the traffic possibilities there if we are talking about realism. One of them would pair runways 31s with 4s and 13s with 22s, and the other one would pair 4s with 13s and 22s with 31s. The first file has a higher probability to occur. That´s why it is the choosen configuration for this file. If some users request, I can do the second file as well.

Maybe some parking places are not 100 % accurate in terms of type, maybe we miss some parking codes as well, but that´s why this scenery is always improving like LSZH and KORD. You can answer this post and make all your comments and suggestions.  

And now, let´s enjoy JFK!

And by the way,... congratulations FSDreamteam for this masterpiece. :)

harpsi
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:16:41 pm by harpsi »

Michael_B767_ATP

Re: AFCAD discussions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:38:41 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the AFCAD Harpsi.

mike

Alex

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:40:18 am »
thanks harpsi ;D

airplanelova93

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:36:00 pm »
Thanks for the afcad   ;D, but I assume that the afcad limits this :  The actual configs don't use 22R for departures when 13L and 13R are in use.  Also - The aircraft in real life on 31L while departing, must make a sharp left turn to get out of surrounding airspaces.  These are called the breezy point and Canarsie climbs.  On 4L departures, the planes must make a sharp right turn to a heading of 100.  These are not included, but was just wondering if they could be added...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:46:35 pm by airplanelova93 »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:59:47 pm »
Thanks for the afcad   ;D, but I assume that the afcad limits this :  The actual configs don't use 22R for departures when 13L and 13R are in use.  Also - The aircraft in real life on 31L while departing, must make a sharp left turn to get out of surrounding airspaces.  These are called the breezy point and Canarsie climbs.  On 4L departures, the planes must make a sharp right turn to a heading of 100.  These are not included, but was just wondering if they could be added...

Hi,

What do you mean by sharp turns? If you are telling us what does the aircraft perform after takeoff, that doesn´t depend from the ground afcad.

About the use of 22s and 13s together, they are in the appropriate website with all configs (I can tell you later). Anyway this is a resume of all the possible configs which pair those runways. If you "separate" all these possibilities, well, then you must have 22 or 23 different afcads and it would not be practical... I like realism but noy every real config can be simulated except if you have one afcad per each config. 

harpsi

airplanelova93

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 02:22:12 am »

Hi,

What do you mean by sharp turns? If you are telling us what does the aircraft perform after takeoff, that doesn´t depend from the ground afcad.

About the use of 22s and 13s together, they are in the appropriate website with all configs (I can tell you later). Anyway this is a resume of all the possible configs which pair those runways. If you "separate" all these possibilities, well, then you must have 22 or 23 different afcads and it would not be practical... I like realism but noy every real config can be simulated except if you have one afcad per each config. 

harpsi

Yeah I meant the sharp turn (In the air).  I wasn't sure if that could be modified with afcad.  Thankies :)

Thibfly

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:21:33 am »
 ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Harpi, for this...and good flights !!

See you

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:24:16 am »
;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Harpi, for this...and good flights !!

See you

Good flights for you too, with a lor of Canarsie approaches.  ;D

harpsi

TWA Pilot

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 03:09:50 pm »
If you want to see your AIs using all runways, then you must get the file below.

This new AFCAD, will it change or alter the other AFCAD that makes the AI use the Canarise Approach??

BTW, great job, everytime you go in or out you see something different!!

Cheers,
Doug

michelph

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:43:35 pm »
First of all, thanks a lot harpsi for your work! It's hugely appreciated!
Since you mentionned that you would consider doing the other configuration 31/22 - 13/4, I would definitely be among the ones to be interested in it.

Cheers!

Michel

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 02:32:57 am »
First of all, thanks a lot harpsi for your work! It's hugely appreciated!
Since you mentionned that you would consider doing the other configuration 31/22 - 13/4, I would definitely be among the ones to be interested in it.

Cheers!

Michel

Ok. Let´s solve this issue about Canarsie approach first and then I will have some time to do this file. In the next two weeks I am very busy so, 2 or 3 days after I will have 2 or 3 hours to do it if more users request it. :)

harpsi

BBriscoe

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 07:20:58 pm »
Will this AFCAD file also allow me to be vectored for the Carnasie approach?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 04:24:52 pm »
Hello I have a simple question. What Afcad Version did you use for KJFK?  I ask becuase when i close certain runways, it "seems"  the Afcad is not working. All aeroplanes stay at gate as if they have nowhere to go. Plus no landings.  Almost as if the Afcad becomes corrupted.  Please help. I currently use afcad v.2.

Plus if I just want the AI planes to fly straight in to the 13's what do i do?

I use the same version as you use. It happens the same to me... except if I make some runways shorter. If you want to fly straight ILS 13 instead of canarsie approach, just change the appr_kjfk.bgl file from the scenery folder, with the one which is inside the ILS 13 folder.

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 04:25:41 pm »
Will this AFCAD file also allow me to be vectored for the Carnasie approach?

AI planes is one thing. User plane is another thing... So, the answer is yes because you mentioned two non related things.

harpsi

jcupido

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 08:18:40 pm »
Harpsi,
     I am a little confused.  The AFCAD file you posted will open ALL runways for use at the same time?  Or is this the AFCAD that wil allow the combo use of 13s/22s and 31s/4s?  The combo I mention here is highly realistic in terms of what JFK usually does and so I am wondering where this AFCAD might be?  Your previous post seems to state that you will find time to do the second combo which (as you state) is not usually the case (I agree) but I am not following you on the first combo file?