Author Topic: AFCAD discussions  (Read 75313 times)

ThomasKaira

Re: AFCAD discussions
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:21 am »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:34:21 am by ThomasKaira »

mozart

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2008, 01:17:48 pm »
What gates do Virgin America use?

Terminal 4 Concourse B

JFK official site, they list all airlines who dock there and at what terminal.

Yes, but trouble is that they only list airlines per terminal. Which in the case of Terminal 4 does not tell you which concourse they leave from. Same problem for T8, and maybe some other Terminals where certain airlines have "preferred" gates (I think T1 is one of them).

virgin737

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2008, 08:21:38 pm »
Virgin America is on stand 20-22

ThomasKaira

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 12:13:50 am »
UPDATE: Terminal 6 is now CLOSED. Terminal 5 has been completed and is now in service.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 01:10:01 am »
UPDATE: Terminal 6 is now CLOSED. Terminal 5 has been completed and is now in service.

Really, they're not going to use it all?  That seems like a waste of a building.

EDDK

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 04:05:08 pm »
what will happen with JFK T6? I cannot believe that they won't do something with it

FreightPusher

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:39 pm »
what will happen with JFK T6? I cannot believe that they won't do something with it

They have begun to demolish the temporary gates(18-24 I believe) at Terminal 6 as of today.  That brings me to my next question, is there going to be an updated AFCAD that removes the temporary gates at Terminal 6?

ThomasKaira

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 09:38:36 pm »
You can remove the stands on your own, it's quite easy. (AFCAD 2.21 is available for free at SimViation)

As for the future of T6, no one really knows right now. It would have been United's terminal at JFK if they wanted to perform hub operations there, but, well, they didn't....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:40:44 pm by ThomasKaira »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »
That brings me to my next question, is there going to be an updated AFCAD that removes the temporary gates at Terminal 6?

Like another user said before me, you can remove the gates yourself. Now it is terminal 6 which is closed. Sometime ago it was terminal 5 which was not yet ready for operations. Tomorrow it is possible that more changes happen. If a lot of changes are visible and another update of the scenery comes out with texture files, scenery files and so on, then it is no problem that we have a new afcad file as well if necessary. :) Something to be decided by the team in the appropriate time. Now they are working on Geneva and Las Vegas, I think...

harpsi

b742f

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 11:08:18 am »
Can someone make this file but for the FSX version of the scenery?? It would be much appreciated

Alex

hombrexp

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 06:14:20 am »
Yes, I agree that we need Harpsi's great work released for FSX for all his afcads.
I have tried desperately to create the crosswind runways, but I just can't seem to get it to work. 
His crosswinds plus the more accurate airline assignments are badly needed for the FSX users.

Thanks

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 12:35:27 pm »
Yes, I agree that we need Harpsi's great work released for FSX for all his afcads.
I have tried desperately to create the crosswind runways, but I just can't seem to get it to work. 
His crosswinds plus the more accurate airline assignments are badly needed for the FSX users.

Thanks

Thanks for your nice comments.

I am in a critical period of my life with a lot of things to do at the moment. However, I will try to think about getting a new machine in the next one or two months, in order to install FSX.  ;D ;D ;D

If so, I will convert all my work to FSX for you and all the others. Let me think about this first.

harpsi

Alex

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 02:56:19 am »
Hi,

This topic will handle all the afcad discussions from now on.
If you want to see your AIs using all runways, then you must get the file below. ;)

About the file itself and in my opinion, JFK would need two afcad files if you want to contemplate all the traffic possibilities there if we are talking about realism. One of them would pair runways 31s with 4s and 13s with 22s, and the other one would pair 4s with 13s and 22s with 31s. The first file has a higher probability to occur. That´s why it is the choosen configuration for this file. If some users request, I can do the second file as well.

Maybe some parking places are not 100 % accurate in terms of type, maybe we miss some parking codes as well, but that´s why this scenery is always improving like LSZH and KORD. You can answer this post and make all your comments and suggestions. 

And now, let´s enjoy JFK!

And by the way,... congratulations FSDreamteam for this masterpiece. :)

harpsi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, where can I find the modified afcads for KJFK and KORD?

Alex

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:30 pm »
For FS9 or FSX?

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 02:22:41 pm »
Hi, where can I find the modified afcads for KJFK and KORD?

This discussion is almost 1 year old. An AFCAD that includes many of the Harpsi modification has been included with the official installer since months, that's why (as was exaplained in a post in the general section), we removed old attachements.

However, it might be helpful if Harpsi would re-upload his latest version here anyway, for those interested in just the AFCAD