Author Topic: Airport too dark at night  (Read 7167 times)

martinlest

Airport too dark at night
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:43:40 am »
Just bought a number of FSDT/Cloud9 products and the airports seem to be very dark at night - hard to taxi around. This is a screenshot taken above the north-eastern gates (around gates 2 to 14). The lighting is almost zero. Is this intentional .. and modifiable?

Thanks,

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport too dark at night
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:07:41 pm »
That's the Cloud9 KLAX, right ? Below is the FSDT version, there is a reason one it's 25$ (it was released in 2005), the other is 38$, released in 2011. Of course, both are available in Trial version.

martinlest

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:12:49 pm »
Yes, I bought the Cloud9 KLAX (and KDCA, plus the FSDT KJFK & KORD at the same time). All FS9 products.

But to be honest, I also have the same issue really with the FSDT airports (I posted separately re. KJFK). The airports are great in daytime, but I find it hard to see my way around at night (and my eyes are fine, I think!).

Is there someway I can fix this? Even if it means a long Photoshop session (though not convinced that's the way to go!),

Thanks for the quick reply,

Martin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:24:51 pm by martinlest »

martinlest

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:47 pm »
No answer.. oh well...   :-[

So where my FSDT/Cloud9 airports are too dark, I edited all the relevant bitmaps (for my own use). Took a while, but with a batch editor, it's feasible.

The really black areas (like near the runways and aprons) are not really editable - the bitmaps are so dark that lightening them just produces artefacts. Quite a difference, even so (after... and before).

M.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:58:11 pm by martinlest »