Author Topic: Wish for a next version  (Read 7427 times)

akelly

Wish for a next version
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:39:10 pm »
Hello,

first i want to thank you for this great product !!
It runs perfect for me under FSX/PsDv1 and P3Dv2 !
Yes, there are some sceneries where the Pushback goes a bit wrong, but it is not too bad for me.

But i have a request for one of the next updates and i hope i can get it as
a christmas present.
As far as i read here the Pax walking out of the Shuttle's are planned.
But i want to ask for a dummy GPU (Ground Power Unit) and/or ASU (Air Start Unit)

I know it is not possible to provide air flow or power for the sim, but we can surely have
a "dummy" GPU/ASU.
So, my dream is to have a menu entry for GPU and ASU and if we select the we end up in a outside
view like in the attached picture.

That would be very great and a nice present for us for christmas :-)

Thanks
AK

braced

Re: Wish for a next version
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »
I'd like to add my congratulations to a great product that enhances our sim world! Nice job!

I would like to see a pallet loader added to the left side of the aircraft for us "freight dogs"! It could have bigger pallets than the right side loaders and be positioned to the main cargo doors on the freighters.
And when it is used it would be nice to illuminate the voices of passengers loading/unloading. If this feature could be added, it would truly be a program for all simmers!

The product as is really brings to life the airport environment, I love it! 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:34:02 pm »
I would like to see a pallet loader added to the left side of the aircraft for us "freight dogs"! It could have bigger pallets than the right side loaders and be positioned to the main cargo doors on the freighters.

The main cargo door loader it's there since several months already, it was released shortly after the PMDG 777, and supports several other cargo airplanes too.

akelly

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:46:26 pm »
Hello,

thats not fear. "braced" gets an answer and me not as the starter of the topic.

At the other side my question is very more easy and i hope to get an ( positive ) answer.

AK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »
thats not fear. "braced" gets an answer and me not as the starter of the topic.

Obviously because the GPU has been asked, discussed and answered many times. Last time was *yesterday*

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9574.msg75704.html#msg75704

akelly

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »
Hello,

thank and sorry. I did not know that this has bean asked.

But i think you will never find a possibility to have access to all add on airplanes.
But why not have a "dummy" GPU, just for "locking very nice" ??
What is so wrong with this way?

The baggage is also loading, but the weight of the plane is not increasing :-)

AK
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:17:18 pm by akelly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:21:38 pm »
The baggage is also loading, but the weight of the plane is not increasing :-)

Well, it's not "increasing in real time", but it has, in a way. It's you that set the weight of the airplane using any kind of loader sheet, and GSX WILL USE that data, to create the number of pallets and wagons to be displayed. So, even if you don't see your airplane dynamically changing weight as the loading happens, they visual thing IS related to the simulation thing.

Same with the fuel truck: as soon as it appears, you are presented with the Fuel loading page, and the waiting time WILL change depending on the fuel quantity you loaded (the difference of total fuel quantity before/after opening the fuel menu), even here, the simulation is linked to the visual thing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:23:31 pm by virtuali »

akelly

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »
Hello,

ok, your explain comes from far away, but are more or less correct.

So, i had a lock into the FSUIPC Manual and there is no offset for Ground Power.
But you can decide if the GPU can be called like the same as the Stairs.

When the Beacon is off and the Brakes are set or something. There are a mass of possible ways if
you will not add the GPU until it is connected to the FS.

If there is a willing to add a GPU there is absolutely a way, no question.
But it seams there is no willing on your side to add this nice feature, even if it is connected to the FS
or not. Also, i think, for  the most of us it is even if the GPU is connected to the FS or not.
Also the GPU should only be a nice to lock thing, thats all.

So if you connect the appearing and disappiering to the Brakes, lets say, all is ok and enough for us.
It must not provide Ground Power for the Plane, it is really not needed.
The same is for the ASU.

I dont have it, but i think i have seen anywhere also a ASU/GPU and i am sure
these also does not provide Air or Ground Power.

At the end i can not understand the Problem you have.

AK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:46:35 pm »
ok, your explain comes from far away, but are more or less correct.

They are entirely correct.

So, i had a lock into the FSUIPC Manual and there is no offset for Ground Power.

Apart that we never had any need for FSUIPC so, we will not start having a need for it now, but that's not the point. The point is, a GPU doesn't even EXISTS in FSX, as a standard system. It's only been simulated internally by 3rd party airplane developers.

But you can decide if the GPU can be called like the same as the Stairs.

When the Beacon is off and the Brakes are set or something. There are a mass of possible ways if
you will not add the GPU until it is connected to the FS.

If there is a willing to add a GPU there is absolutely a way, no question.

You are discussing the practical matter of making a fake GPU appear. This is very easy to do, with its own menu entry, like any other GSX service.

But it seams there is no willing on your side to add this nice feature, even if it is connected to the FS or not.

That's not what I've said. I've clearly said that if it COULD be connected to the simulation, it will make sense to add it. I haven't said that we'll never add it, regardless if it's connected to the simulation or not.

At the end i can not understand the Problem you have

The "problem" is that, BEFORE adding a fake system, it's way more pressing to add something that add to the simulation. But, again, since the GPU as a system doesn't even exists in FSX, and it's only included in 3rd party airplanes, those that DO simulate it, also HAVE the visual model too.

So, we would end up in the absurd situation that, when the GPU does nothing (because FSX doesn't have that system), we would just have a fake object doing nothing, and if the GPU DOES something, in the 3rd party airplanes that have a simulated GPU, we would need to DISABLE the GSX version anyway, because it will otherwise visually conflict with the one provided with the airplane.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:48:16 pm by virtuali »

akelly

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:40 pm »
Hello,

You are discussing the practical matter of making a fake GPU appear. This is very easy to do, with its own menu entry, like any other GSX service.

Yes, thats what i mean and want to have. Just a fake GPU/ASU nothing else.

So, we would end up in the absurd situation that, when the GPU does nothing (because FSX doesn't have that system), we would just have a fake object doing nothing, and if the GPU DOES something, in the 3rd party airplanes that have a simulated GPU, we would need to DISABLE the GSX version anyway, because it will otherwise visually conflict with the one provided with the airplane.

For that, i think , you can update the Airplane Setup Dialog in GSX and add here an Option to enable/disable the GPU/ASU...easy.
(same as with the Doors)
Also in this dialog every one can decide to have a GPU/ASU or not...also easy and makes sense.
And this dialog can be used to set up the position of the GPU/ASU..

I think that all makes sense and would be very great to have.
And if it is easy to implement, as you say, why not if every one can decide to activate or deactivate the GPU/ASU??

I think this can improve the GSW again a bit more!

AK

akelly

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:55 pm »
Because he is not saying "I dont want to implement this".

Because it seams this is the only one which speaks against my wish and nothing else.
He tried to find anything which speaks against this but found nothing.
So he can say this easyly and the discussion is over.

bye
AK

akelly

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 03:19:05 pm »
Umberto is doing a good job, no question.

But you mean Stairs without Passengers makes more sense then
a dummy GPU/ASU??
Who is here an idiot?

Give me your adress and i will show you if you are not to spineless.

AK