Author Topic: Want to install, but some troyans appear...  (Read 2632 times)

NickATC

Want to install, but some troyans appear...
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
Hello.

I installed GSX some time ago, but didn't buy it because my FSX was having some problems (CTD), but now that P3D v2 is here, and that my FSX is working ok, I want to use the coupon for the discount.  But here is the problem.

1.  I had an old version of the Addon managerX and GSX, of course.  I did try it again and it was working ok.
2.  When I wanted to upgrade, I had to quit FSX, made an upgrade using Couatl_Updater.exe as described on the manual.  Evertyhing went fine.
3.  Now I open FSX and it tells me:  The addon 'GSX' is out-dated.  Please download and install the latest Stand-alone Addon Manager.    So I go to the page, download the manager and when I try to install my Anvirus tells me that Couatl.exe and is-6726J.tmp are identified as Trojans.
4.  I open FSX again, but now, when I click CTRL+F12, GSX is not working.

My questions are
1.  Do I have to uninstall GSX and the Stand-Alone Addn Manager?  if so, how do I do that. 
2.  After this uninstallation, I guess I'm cleared to go with a fresh install of the Stand-Alone Addn Manager.  Are those 2 files normally identified as Trojans?? are they a false possitive from my AV?

I hope to solve this problem so I can buy your excellent product.

Any help is appreciated.

StevenK

Re: Want to install, but some troyans appear...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:35:51 pm »
As explained in many other threads, you should install with the antivirus disabled, and configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning before launching FSX:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

Here is a quote i found after a search

The most likely cause is the antivirus that corrupted it by mistakenly trying to "heal" a non-existent threat.

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

NickATC

Re: Want to install, but some troyans appear...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:34:16 am »
Thank you, sir.

I made a very quick search with the words 'Troyan', 'virus'... but didn't think of the word 'installation' or something like that.  If this is a common problem for new users, an sticky would be very helpful.

Feel free to delete this post.  I don't pretend to sink the forum into common and recurrent problems.

Thank you for your time.  I'll follow your instructions and let you know.