Author Topic: blurry ground textures  (Read 6553 times)

tk92

blurry ground textures
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:24:34 pm »
Hi FSDT,

First of all: I bought got every scenery of you and my compliments for the quality! But to come straight to my problem; every scenery I have works like a charm, excect KJFK FS9. The textures of both taxiway and grass are incredibly blurry. I have red some old posts about this problem(!), followed instructions regarding settings (everything is at max, and i have a brand new PC) and i tried the texture resizer, which makes no difference. I enclosed a screenshot of the situation.

Could you help me please?
Regards, Thomas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: blurry ground textures
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »
JFK for FS9 use a standard photoreal background, and it's a known fact that FS9, not being able to load these kind of sceneries in multi-threading, will suffers from the "blurries" a lot more than FSX, especially if your system is already loaded with lots of other stuff.

Try to wait some time without moving, and see if the higher resolution textures comes out. If they do, after a while, maybe that's the issue. Try to follow the suggestions found in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555738/en-us

tk92

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:41:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I tried what the article said, but the only thing that actually makes a difference is the global max texture size slider. Unfortunately, it was already at max and a decrease of this slide results in an even blurrier airport....... :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 07:17:33 pm »
Then you have installed too many addons that are stealing precious time to process textures and, since FS9 can't use multi-threading, so it's entirely wasting any additional cores you have beside the 1st one, the result is blurred textures.

We are discussing about a 10+ years old sim.